Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Tales From the Secret Shop

Basic Member
    Haha thanks a lot man... Yeah I have the downloadable PDF file, and I only looked at that page when it first came out on the web, did not know they changed it online. Will download it again later... And keep up the good work ^^

Basic Member
    http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/6/ - It's still an artifact and not a bow tho =/... You're going to have to do one of two things... Either change the in-game flavor text from 'A true firing bow that almost aims by itself' to something else (I dont recomend this as I like it being a bow), or edit the comic so that it is a bow in the comic... It's up to you, but the miss-match is not advised as it seems unproffesional, especially if the comic is from the game creators themselves

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPiet View Post
    http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/6/ - It's still an artifact and not a bow tho =/... You're going to have to do one of two things... Either change the in-game flavor text from 'A true firing bow that almost aims by itself' to something else (I dont recomend this as I like it being a bow), or edit the comic so that it is a bow in the comic... It's up to you, but the miss-match is not advised as it seems unproffesional, especially if the comic is from the game creators themselves
    What are you talking about?

He is talking about Eaglesong being called a bow in it's Item description, while the comic shows it is an eagle statue kind of thing.

Kinda looks like a bow extension to me, actually. Just simply put it on one end of the bow and its magic properties enchant the whole bow.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    He is talking about Eaglesong being called a bow in it's Item description, while the comic shows it is an eagle statue kind of thing.
    I knew someone would understand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    Kinda looks like a bow extension to me, actually. Just simply put it on one end of the bow and its magic properties enchant the whole bow.
    Well then the description should be changed too "A bow extension that causes bows to fire true and almost aim by themselves"... Not such a good ring to it tho, and the term "Bow extension" just seems wrong.

Eaglesong is no longer a bow, it is a horn. The tooltip text is a bow in error.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamprey View Post
    Eaglesong is no longer a bow, it is a horn. The tooltip text is a bow in error.
    So they changed EagleHORN to a horn, but renamed it Eaglesong... Makes perfect sense... I dont really get how a horn improves agility but thanks for clearing it up... Also, you'll have to change the in-game icon too, since it is still a bow in the icon... I guess that will be changed with the tooltip?

I think of it like the horn of Boromir, which is used as an urgent call and causes a quickening in those who hear or hold it...maybe? It's not any stranger than a bow that magically improves agi when you touch it... The icon is in fact the horn, but the way it's cut off at the bottom makes it look like it might be intended as the tip of a bow. I am advised that this is very much a placeholder icon; sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Lamprey; 11-22-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Basic Member
    Yeah the eagle horn icon from DotA is cut off in the same way, that's why I look at it as a bow... I mostly liked the bow concept because now without eaglehorn there is no item in Dota 2 that is a bow. Lol it shouldnt bother me that much but whatever. Thanks, I'll think of it in your Boromir way