Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the point of decline button?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Dota 2 - "Hey guess what we found a game!"

Roommate - "Uh, hey guess what. So like our apartment is on fire..."
    You can evacuate after you finish your dota game!

Basic Member
    You know what i have a great ideea: under the accept/decline messaje there should be a checkbox that should read - "auto accept match when found".
    Because i'm so pissed that i can't have a smoke while finding a match.

Basic Member
    Decline button is unnecessary but Accept button is needed. Imagine someone queue than goes afk, if the system is auto-accept, there will be a lot of matches with afk people at the start of the game

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    yes, instead of 'a player declined the match', i would like to be brought into a game and subsequently, into character selection, where i will happily play a 4v5 for the entire duration since you still don't get abandonment (as far as i know) in character select

and even if you don't get abandon in hero select anymore, it would still be ten times more annoying to go into a game, wait for someone to abandon and then start the whole process over.
    Solutions to this:
    1. Still play the loud ass sound when match is ready so that afk ppl can hear and come back.
    2. There are afk f***ktards in matches anyhow who go afk after playing for a while and ruin game. There should be a stricter ban on such people , not just go into low priority to discourage abandonment, maybe a full day ban from playing games.
    3. Should be a system - which detects that no inputs from player are coming for a definite time = afk = ban.
    4. And still , When you click search,when you are here to play, y go away at all (for whatever reason- click cancel search n go.)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xeno2wad View Post
    You know what i have a great ideea: under the accept/decline messaje there should be a checkbox that should read - "auto accept match when found".
    Because i'm so pissed that i can't have a smoke while finding a match.
    +1 for this.
    Most of the time I start searching for match and then go to the toilet.
    In (un-)lucky times a match is found within 30 seconds and I cannot click accept

Basic Member
    You people do realize that 99% of declines are just people who queue up and go afk.

It's not people purposefully hitting the decline button..

The reason it is there is so that those very same people who are afk don't automatically get in the game go afk for the 5 five minutes and then abandon the game. Meaning that the W/L will not count for anybody and you just wasted close to 10 mins for a game that means nothing, when if it had kicked the afker and gone back to MM you would be in a worthwhile game by then.

A rare commodity, it is called common sense.

Basic Member
    But ppl going afk after queing up because they dont want to sit three minutes in front of the PC and doing nothing.
    In that time I can go to toilet, get something to drink/eat from the kitchen and so on.

Maybe this will be getting better if DotA2 will be available for everyone (shorter waiting times), maybe not.
    If not they should at least increase the time you have to click accept until it auto-declines

when you click to find a match then you get hit by a huge wave of "omfg go to sleep"
    Last edited by Rooslin; 06-28-2012 at 08:30 AM.

It's really needed in random draft matches. Imagine that you started game search and went for 1 minute(because games often take 2-3 minutes to be found) to the toilet/kitchen/smoke/whatever.

In reality the game can be found in 3-5 seconds, all players accept in another 5 seconds, games loaded in 15-20 secnds, first pick (for rd) also around 10-15 seconds(and it picks random if you didn't pick in time). So, when that guy returned in like 40 seconds he may find out that he's already playing as some completely random hero, which is sure not a good thing.

Anyway, this 'accept' thing has more positive aspects, than negative.

The only real use I see to it is a scenario like this:

* You start searching for a game
    * You get a phone call that you think will last 1 minute
    * You stay in the queue
    * Dota 2: "Accept or Decline?"
    * Person on Phone brings up something you know will take them at least 5 minutes to stop talking about
    * You: "Eh... I don't want to make these people wait..." [Click Decline]