Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the point of decline button?

Basic Member

What is the point of decline button?

Hi,
    Annoyed by too much "A player declined the match.." message too much. Thought about why that button is there..
    Consider the scenario:
    1. I want to play a game through matchmaking.
    2. I select my regions, gametypes, and click "Find match".
    3. At any point during the search , I have the option to "Cancel Search" , due to whatever reason- sm friend came online/ call/ etc till the match hasnt been found.
    4. The whole process of accepting the game after a game and server has been found take what - "30 secs - 1 min" after which you are automatically dropped If you are afk...(again resulting in "a player has declined....." )
    5. So why is there a Accept and Cancel button at all??? If i want to cancel, i can cancel while a game is being searched...., If i dont want to cancel search, means i dont want to decline a match either (As the ui gives no info at the moment who am i matched up against util i actually press the accept button and game goes live).
    6. Removing both the buttons would also solve the problem of people mis-clicking the decline button.

Dota 2 - "Hey guess what we found a game!"

Roommate - "Uh, hey guess what. So like our apartment is on fire..."

Basic Member
    Soooooooo?????

Dota 2 should go - Press Decline button before running out????

Agreed, it is completely useless. If you've been looking for a game for a good 2 to 3 minutes already chances are, you're gonna press accept. Everyone who doesn't is just /quote/ trolling /unquote/ or laughing his ass off with a bunch of friends when he declines as the last one, getting kicks for that for some weird reason.

The cancel search, as mentioned, is all you need.

Basic Member
    Yes it is totally unneeded.

Both accept and decline button are useless. You either want to find a match or you do not. And you can cancel the search anytime before a game is found.

You can't even see who you are matched with/against. Why do you need to decline when a game is found?

Basic Member
    Well... let's look at it in a positive way. Instead of waiting for the timer for accepting to run out they can still "cancel the search." So, in the end, it's faster for you.

Basic Member
    guys pls think... premades... tada... it's a f*ing check of who is rdy. This option is great. And if you miss that huge button, that pops into your face, then i wonder how you aim at sth during a game.

Basic Member
    yes, instead of 'a player declined the match', i would like to be brought into a game and subsequently, into character selection, where i will happily play a 4v5 for the entire duration since you still don't get abandonment (as far as i know) in character select

and even if you don't get abandon in hero select anymore, it would still be ten times more annoying to go into a game, wait for someone to abandon and then start the whole process over.

I usually press find match and then I may sonder if I will have to leave house or PC for some reason. If I see I will have too I stop searching, and when it has already find I decline ( happened once ))

I think that is needed, if you have any problems during the search (maybe you are away and forget about search) you won't cause a free loss for your team.