Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lunas voice is terrific

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shegzor View Post
    PROTIP: She's not Irish.

Nor is she anything off the British Isles, for that matter. She's (probably) from some as of yet unknown country/region of the DotA2 world and for all we know, her accent might be 100% authentic.
    Like I said in my initial post "It sounds like it's meant to be Norn Irish". I didn't say it was Northern Irish, just said it sounded like it was meant to be.

Good point, but if that's the case, shouldn't they have invented entirely new accents rather than base them on real world accents?

Luna's voice is sex incarnate, any complaining is bald and foolish both.

Just joking, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I myself think Luna has the best voice out of ALL female characters.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runciter View Post
    Like I said in my initial post "It sounds like it's meant to be Norn Irish". I didn't say it was Northern Irish, just said it sounded like it was meant to be.

Good point, but if that's the case, shouldn't they have invented entirely new accents rather than base them on real world accents?
    They could, but there's only so much you have to work with when you're using a real world language I guess. It's easier that way.

Basic Member
    Guys Luna's voice is Scottish or meant to be at least.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runciter View Post

I'm from Northern Ireland, and Luna's accent IS Northern Irish. It's actually rather good (though it sounds like quite a strong/slightly over the top version - though I have heard people speak like that). Repeat - not scottish, not southern irish, but yes, part of the British Isles.

Noova Nooooova!!!

Basic Member
    Also, bloodseeker is clearly not meant to be Northern Irish. Sounds old dracula-esque romanian to be (which would make sense with the blood seeking).