Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunas voice is terrific

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lunas voice is terrific

I love Lunas voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not particularly liking the format of your post, but yes, I think Lunas voice acting requires to be praised. (Seeing how some numnuts absolutely hate her voice acting. Stupid ruffians want every female character to sound seducing and orgasmic like). I bow to the voice actress of Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Not particularly liking the format of your post, but yes, I think Lunas voice acting requires to be praised. (Seeing how some numnuts absolutely hate her voice acting. Stupid ruffians want every female character to sound seducing and orgasmic like). I bow to the voice actress of Luna.
    its not that every female should have a sexy voice but certain characters should. I like windrunners voice, Rylai's voice, lina's voice, enchantress's voice, and the other light hearted voices BECAUSE THEY FIT THE CHARACTER. Luna's voice is horribly unfitting and unattractive. Luna is the hottest looking character visually in the game but the voice is probably the most ugly thing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xytaglyph View Post
    its not that every female should have a sexy voice but certain characters should. I like windrunners voice, Rylai's voice, lina's voice, enchantress's voice, and the other light hearted voices BECAUSE THEY FIT THE CHARACTER. Luna's voice is horribly unfitting and unattractive. Luna is the hottest looking character visually in the game but the voice is probably the most ugly thing in the game.
    That one is purely subjective.
    "HUMAN ELEMENT"

Quote Originally Posted by Shibubu View Post
    Seeing how some numnuts absolutely hate her voice acting.
    There are really people who dislike it? Man, I considered starting to play Luna just because of her awesome accent.
    The voice actress did a damn nice job there.
    The Scrolls of Haize are concise on this matter:
    With youth comes grave responsibility.
    A thousand years of youth have fallen behind,
    and still I fill the time with games.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrisios View Post
    There are really people who dislike it? Man, I considered starting to play Luna just because of her awesome accent.
    The voice actress did a damn nice job there.
    Yes, mainly British/Irish people hate it.

The reason?

The accent is neither here nor there, it literally sounds like an American woman has got drunk one night and suddenly decided 'I can do impressions of Irish people,' in reality the accent is a terrible mix of Northern English, Scottish, Northern Irish and Irish.

It also sounds forced and unnatural to people who have actually heard Irish/Scottish accents. Again, because it sounds like a drunk American woman is doing an accent for her giggly friends. 'NOOOOOVA'

It really is a terrible job.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by durkadurka View Post
    Yes, mainly British/Irish people hate it.

The reason?

The accent is neither here nor there, it literally sounds like an American woman has got drunk one night and suddenly decided 'I can do impressions of Irish people,' in reality the accent is a terrible mix of Northern English, Scottish, Northern Irish and Irish.

It also sounds forced and unnatural to people who have actually heard Irish/Scottish accents. Again, because it sounds like a drunk American woman is doing an accent for her giggly friends. 'NOOOOOVA'

It really is a terrible job.
    Oh lighten up Durka I'm British and it's not That bad, it is a little forced and strained but it could be worse and like others have said at least it makes a change from catering to the 14 year old fappers.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Oh lighten up Durka I'm British and it's not That bad, it is a little forced and strained but it could be worse and like others have said at least it makes a change from catering to the 14 year old fappers.
    The thing is, I always praised Dota 2 on its voice work, loved every bit of it. Then Luna came along and left a bitter taste in my mouth...

Basic Member
    Agreed. Valve, ignore the haters. The voice is amazing.

Amazing, very different from the announcer or QoP's voice and the accent feels real.
    I gotta say that even if i dont like to play Luna (i find her boring) i will have to play her more often due to her amazing voice and panther.