Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed?] ethereal blade getting dispeled by manta style/bkb

[Fixed?] ethereal blade getting dispeled by manta style/bkb

You can't target magic immune enemies with ethereal blade, but if you're bkbed/magic immune and you cast it on an enemy, the ethereal form goes through your bkb (making you immune to both physical and magical attacks). Also the enemy hero can't dispel it using manta style/bkb

and another thing I just found out is that you can actually use ethereal blade on yourself while bkbed and nothing happens, totally wasting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraa View Post
    You can't target magic immune enemies with ethereal blade, (consistent with DotA)but if you're bkbed/magic immune and you cast it on an enemy, the ethereal form goes through your bkb (making you immune to both physical and magical attacks)(consistent with DotA). Also the enemy hero can't dispel it using manta style/bkb (Ethereal buff is removed by Universal 1 (Manta), BKB only removes magical buff but afaik in current DotA it also removes ethereal state, so there might be a bug with the BKB part not dispelling it)

and another thing I just found out is that you can actually use ethereal blade on yourself while bkbed and nothing happens, totally wasting it.
    my help are those in red

source : Times quoted : OVER NINE THOUSAND
    Last edited by chukky-jr; 06-28-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    my help are those in red

source : Times quoted : OVER NINE THOUSAND
    ethereal form from ghost scepter and decrepify are removed like that, but the ethereal blade one seems to be unique and it's not getting dispelled in dota 1.

^well i guess testing it is faster :

in dota Blade doesn't removed by BKB or Manta (tested on enemy)

edited : btw your title doesn't match your description, i'm kinda confused
    Last edited by chukky-jr; 06-28-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Unfortunately blade gets removed by Juggernauts Blade Furry, I really think that should be fixed. In WC3 dota you could be in ethereal form while spinning with Juggernaut thus becoming invulnerable to any kind of damage, it was very fun and far from being overpowered, I really wish they would make it work again.

edited : btw your title doesn't match your description, i'm kinda confused
    Well I directly stated the problem in the title meaning that it's getting dispelled in dota 2 whereas in dota 1 it doesn't.

Basic Member
    If I well remember, the only thing in dota which was able to cancel the etheral state from eb was terrorblade transformation (at least when eb goes out it used to work, but mb it has been fix-If necessary i will test it, but since terrorblade aint out now, there's no rush needed ^^-)

in DotA blade removd by BKB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraa View Post
    Well I directly stated the problem in the title meaning that it's getting dispelled in dota 2 whereas in dota 1 it doesn't.
    Can you reformat your OP to match the "Bug posting guidelines"?

I believe, this thread is about the fact that you can't be magic immune + physical damage immune anymore which I also find sad and might either be a bug or an intentional fix.

Quote Originally Posted by p1n9v1n View Post
    in DotA blade removd by BKB
    i thought already make the interaction clear with the post stating the result of my test, unless there is something wrong with it

Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.