Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Script] Hold Button [H] = Stop Completely

Basic Member
    how exactly do I do this? o.O
    I found the cfg folder, but not really sure how to proceed.

can someone tell me the use of this?
    ~Never forget~

Quote Originally Posted by BZAD View Post
    can someone tell me the use of this?
    It turns off auto-attack while h (or s if you use the s one) is held, while also executing "hold". Releasing the key re-enables auto-attack.

Option 1: h to hold and turn off auto attack
    Option 2: s to stop and turn off auto attack

e: also edited the OP to improve the script functionality slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by andeRK View Post
    how exactly do I do this? o.O
    I found the cfg folder, but not really sure how to proceed.
    You can just google how. But I'll tell you here.

1) find your cfg folder, which is buried under something like cfg, dota, dota2beta, steamapps, steam, c drive usually
    2) copy the code and paste it into notepad
    3) save to your cfg folder, but change the .txt to .cfg, say [ok]
    4) if you ever want to edit a cfg, open it with notepad and set notepad as the default program to open it with (recommended)

A) open up dota2
    B) enter a game
    C) open console and type in "exec ____" where the space is whatever you saved the cfg file as (for example: holdscript.cfg --> exec holdscript)
    D) enjoy

PS: unless you add the script to your autoexec.cfg instead of its individual .cfg file (which is up to you), you will have to manually exec the script after the start of a game; dota2 will exec your autoexec at the start of games, which will bind your h key to the default hold. I prefer to keep my scripts out of my autoexec, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Invoqwer; 12-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Why not turn off auto-attacking and if you want to autoattack, use attack move. Wouldn't that be better/more comfortable?
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Quote Originally Posted by mindfaQ View Post
    Why not turn off auto-attacking and if you want to autoattack, use attack move. Wouldn't that be better/more comfortable?
    Some people, like myself, prefer to have auto attack on by default and only turn it off when necessary (e.g. when hiding in some trees).

The attack-move method works when you press "a" and click. Auto attack works on its own. Attack-move is very useful indeed, but quite different from autoattack.

Basic Member
    Great, thanks, now I don't have to spam S to stop from attacking when hiding

Basic Member
    As it seems developer 1 will dump all console errors on the screen while playing, which is annoying, also the script won't work without dev 1. Pretty disappointing.

Basic Member
    I don't think you have to have developer 1 in order for this to function, just remove the line from the code. Confirm from OP/script writer?

Quote Originally Posted by creatzs View Post
    As it seems developer 1 will dump all console errors on the screen while playing, which is annoying, also the script won't work without dev 1. Pretty disappointing.
    Script works fine without dev 1, it just doesnt display the text.

Basic Member
    I think the script is very handy, thx!
    however:
    "To clarify, using console to change various settings/tweaks, remapping hotkeys are perfectly fine.
    Using console/autoexec.cfg etc to create macro is not. This includes, but not limited to, invoker/meepo/enigma etc (combo) scripts, smartcasting etc.
    Anything non-default that actively helps you play your game is cheating except some very specific exception like hotkey remapping. Scripts that perform micro/macro do not fall in to these exceptions."

Considering these rules the script in this thread would already be a "cheat"?
    Since its not binding just one command to a key?
    Any mod pls comment!