Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions about the new learn tab.

Basic Member
    I think the new webbased layout has been discussed enough, but some points about the videos:

-Center the camera on where the skill is in effect.
    Best example: Rupture: Bloodseeker in the center, sven running around ruptured at the top border of the screen, almost half of his body going outside part of the run.

-Use skills in a way the effect is visible
    Best example: Mana Void: Magina uses it on full mana sven who takes no damage. No other effect visible as well like ministun cause he just stands there.

Basic Member
    I hate it, the old one was simple and quick, I just wanted to see the skills of the champions and now im forced to wait after every click and theres a thousand of information that i dont care/already know (from D1).

Basic Member
    No need to specifically bring back the old one, just make sure this thing isn't browser based, has voices, animations and no youtube. Maybe like the original but with a "learn more" button near the portrait to take you there.

Basic Member

Feedback on recent changes to the "Learn" tab

If I'm right the "Learn" tab is now web based since the last update. This means that you have to download the information for heros you want to read about, every time you want to do it. This is VERY annoying if you are on a slow connection. The only benefit I can see from this is that it would make it easier to update Hero information. In my opinion this is not very necessary since the game has to be updated every time a new hero is released anyways. Furthermore I can't seem to find the search field, which at least used to save me a lot of time! Also it doesn't say if skills are passive and doesn't give the number specifications given in-game. The in-game way of explaining the skills is very good in my opinion and I don't see why it has to be any different in the "Learn" tab. Apart from that I'm really much enjoying the game !

Off-topic: Where can I find the gameplay rules for Dota 2? Can people really report me for eg kill stealing?

Basic Member
    The new "Learn" tab is annoying, just make it back to the older version, and put a link to dotacinema's videos if they love the videos so much.

There's no "gameplay rules" for Dota 2, but you can find some useful information in playdota.com forum, search for "Game Ethics"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendWyn View Post
    The new "Learn" tab is annoying, just make it back to the older version, and put a link to dotacinema's videos if they love the videos so much.

There's no "gameplay rules" for Dota 2, but you can find some useful information in playdota.com forum, search for "Game Ethics"
    Thanks! Yeah I agree, the kind of content now found on the "Learn" tab belongs on web pages, not in the very game!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenox View Post
    If I'm right the "Learn" tab is now web based since the last update. This means that you have to download the information for heros you want to read about, every time you want to do it. This is VERY annoying if you are on a slow connection. The only benefit I can see from this is that it would make it easier to update Hero information. In my opinion this is not very necessary since the game has to be updated every time a new hero is released anyways. Furthermore I can't seem to find the search field, which at least used to save me a lot of time! Also it doesn't say if skills are passive and doesn't give the number specifications given in-game. The in-game way of explaining the skills is very good in my opinion and I don't see why it has to be any different in the "Learn" tab. Apart from that I'm really much enjoying the game !

Off-topic: Where can I find the gameplay rules for Dota 2? Can people really report me for eg kill stealing?
    Oh, apparently there is additional information about the skills if you scroll down. However it still takes more time to quickly learn all skills while the game is loading when its spread out like this.

Basic Member
    mergeception.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Please stop using web-based things in DotA2.
    The loading times sucks and I don't see any benifit not to integrate it in the normal way. Only deficits.

Basic Member
    The new learn tab is so slow. Since when the developer commodity is more important than the user experience. Stop using the web based UI for everything. Did you just put in balance the time spent by your programmers (a few guys) updating the UI programatically with the time spent by your users (tens of thousands) downloading the UI information every time? OMG Valve.
    I am so dissapointed.