Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions about the new learn tab.

I'm wondering what changes this weeks patch might bring to the new learn tab.
    I'm still hoping they haven't abandoned the hero voices and the portraits for the learn tab.

We will see in a couple of days hopefully.

I'm finding it to be disgustingly slow, and for me at least it doesn't give any numbers for hero abilities, just the description of the move. I'm also missing animated portraits and talking.

Basic Member
    Worst change they ever done to the game
    we want the old Learn back

I pretty much agree with everything you guys said
    I used to click on the heroes portraits just to listen to them... I memorized most of the lines, and now it's all gone
    I could see the skills, lore, very quickly...
    WHY?! Why change it for a slow (at least for me), lifeless webpage? I think Valve could add functionality to the old Learn tab without scrapping it, or am I wrong? (please don't tell me I'm wrong )
    This is almost as as sad as the change to the dashboard (which I'm still NOT happy with)

EDIT: Guys, I don't know if someone has posted this before, but CyborgMatt posted on his Twitter a way to change the Learn tab back to how it was (at least until they remove this option)!

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/statu...40701302038528
    EDIT2: He also posted here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post270699

I just tested it, and it works almost perfectly - Luna's portrait and voice are fine, but I can't say the same about Guardian Wisp's.
    Last edited by darksun; 07-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darksun View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything you guys said
    I used to click on the heroes portraits just to listen to them... I memorized most of the lines, and now it's all gone
    I could see the skills, lore, very quickly...
    WHY?! Why change it for a slow (at least for me), lifeless webpage? I think Valve could add functionality to the old Learn tab without scrapping it, or am I wrong? (please don't tell me I'm wrong )
    This is almost as as sad as the change to the dashboard (which I'm still NOT happy with)

EDIT: Guys, I don't know if someone has posted this before, but CyborgMatt posted on his Twitter a way to change the Learn tab back to how it was (at least until they remove this option)!

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/statu...40701302038528
    EDIT2: He also posted here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post270699

I just tested it, and it works almost perfectly - Luna's portrait and voice are fine, but I can't say the same about Guardian Wisp's.
    +10 internets for you sir; thanks for posting this.

Imo the biggest problem with the new learn tab is its lack of speed - using that pituful ingame web browser makes me :C

Basic Member
    The problem with making it web-based is that Valve missed a great opportunity to let you edit recommended items and hero select screen layouts on the learn tab. They should have some web-based stuff down the line, like community hero guides, but having the whole thing be a webpage seems like a cop-out.

Basic Member
    I like the Learn tab, only thing i miss is the 3D portraits and the ability to ACTUALLY hear the character, please. add atleast those 2 back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terin7 View Post
    The problem with making it web-based is that Valve missed a great opportunity to let you edit recommended items and hero select screen layouts on the learn tab. They should have some web-based stuff down the line, like community hero guides, but having the whole thing be a webpage seems like a cop-out.
    I like the idea, but it would fit Customize more than Learn.
    If there's something I learned while playing Atlantica Online is that having information about the game's stuff in the game is pure awesomeness. Not having to visit wikias or online databases makes a huge difference. It's fast and easy to acess, you just gotta click on the top bar and select Item/Merc/etc Info.

I wish that the Learn tab could achieve that usefulness without losing it's speed or feeling. Right now it's just a (very) slow, lifeless webpage.

Basic Member
    I like the new concept, but some of the educational videoclips need a rework so people actually can learn how a certain ability works. Would also love to have every single detail about a particular ability listed, something like the hero section on playdota.com (example).

Basic Member
    it's so unfriendly for those whose internet speed is slow. better the old one i think