Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions about the new learn tab.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Opinions about the new learn tab.

My first impression: I don't like it at all.

I loved to click on every hero while queuing for a game, just to watch their portraits and hear them talk.
    It might not sound like a big deal, but this change actually made me really sad.

Am I the only one that will miss the old learn tab because of the portraits and their responses?

Basic Member
    This is really really bad. The learn tab used to be really lively, the portraits all moved and even spoke when you clicked on them (saying different things every time). You even had a filterable (by name) search box. It felt really polished and professional.

This new learn tab just feels like you took some (poorly designed) HTML page and slapped it in there. It's definitely a huge step back. Please put the hero animations/speech back into the learn tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
    This is really really bad. The learn tab used to be really lively, the portraits all moved and even spoke when you clicked on them (saying different things every time). You even had a filterable (by name) search box. It felt really polished and professional.

This new learn tab just feels like you took some (poorly designed) HTML page and slapped it in there. It's definitely a huge step back. Please put the hero animations/speech back into the learn tab.
    Exactly my thoughts.

The new hero learn tab might be better for actual learning, but it's not even close to as charming as the old hero learn tab.

With so much character behind each hero, I think they should take every opportunity to highlight that.
    That's what I think the old hero tab did really well, and why I spent hours logged in just clicking on heroes.
    Last edited by Destruction3402; 06-28-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Basic Member
    the benefits of a html page, is that they are easily changable without having to go too deep into the code of the game itself.

i'd consider this as an alphaversion of the new learn tab and wait for it to get more refined.

p.s.: i'm also missing the portraits. :*(
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

I liked it to but the new one is nice. Also on Ursa's page his ult is not listed as one of his skills O.O

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    the benefits of a html page, is that they are easily changable without having to go too deep into the code of the game itself.

i'd consider this as an alphaversion of the new learn tab and wait for it to get more refined.

p.s.: i'm also missing the portraits. :*(
    Uhm, you dont know much about databases do you? The game can still use a database and still be easy to edit. It doesnt HAVE to have a web based frontend...

Basic Member
    I like the concept, but it's extremely slow. It doesn't have the quick and easy feel that the old one used to, even though now it does provide some more helpful information.

Although for some reason, Attack Point was left out of the stats, which seems like a pretty big omission.

Basic Member
    There was nothing wrong with the old Learn tab. They should've just added a "Learn more" button that you click on and it takes you to the html page for the hero. This game is already used by millions of people so there's no reason to release unpolished UI, makes it look really unprofessional like some intern did it.

Basic Member
    awesome considering the upcoming ones that i read about guides and so on...

My problem with the new learn tab is that some of the skill videos don't show how the skill affects the opposite player. For instance, Viper's ultimate video doesn't show that it severely slows the target down. The description might, but being able to see the effects would be much better. Make Sven run away after he gets hit by it. Sven's ultimate video is also lacking in terms of showing what it does. Instead of having him sit there, have him kill a creep then activate God's Strength and kill another creep. There's a lot more these videos could show and I feel their current status makes the game seem generic and dull, when that is far from the truth.

Then again these could be placeholders. In the event that they're not I just wanted to get my opinion out on the matter.

Edit: Also I cannot see any info on items, only the icons show up. Whenever I hover over one, nothing happens.
    Last edited by GMan; 06-28-2012 at 07:11 PM.