Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Items And Teammates

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Items And Teammates

Suggestions:

Quote Originally Posted by theblackred View Post
    These features can be either on by default, or only on when disable help is enabled, or some combination.
    item destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by foo2bar View Post
    Items should be unable to destroy for 2 min after drop from chicken (for the teamm8s) or items should be never destroyable for the ownerteam.
    Prevent teammates from being able to destroy your items on the ground.
    stolen items
    Quote Originally Posted by sMiF_ View Post
    there should also be a way to get items back that are on characters cause some people take items and leave them in there inventory and wont give them back
    eg.
    Prevent teammates from taking your item off the courier except when in fountain, and then only allow them to move to your own stash. If your stash is full then the item is dropped on the ground.
    Prevent teammates from being able to put your items in their inventory.

hidden items
    Quote Originally Posted by sMiF_ View Post
    the item should have a symbol of the same color as your character on the mini map so is easily found.

I think gem and rapier should stay the way they are.

This doesn't prevent griefing through courier feeding but these changes seem easy enough to implement in targeting griefers who destroy items. Dota 1 already had some measures that prevented teammates from being able to destroy items/take items that weren't yours so it seems like an oversight to not include it in Dota 2.

Please only post if you have other suggestions or want to contribute to a discussion about this topic. I'm surprised this isn't in the game already and I want more mods and people to see it. Don't just describe games where this happened to you. It's not helpful.[/QUOTE]

I've had multiple people take my items off courier and destroy or hide them.
    With this in mind items shouldn't be able to be destroyed by teammates only enemies, and if the item is taken and then hidden
    the item should have a symbol of the same color as your character on the mini map so is easily found. It doesn't stop the whole sabotage but with your items back it should be alright
    and there should also be a way to get items back that are on characters cause some people take items and leave them in there inventory and wont give them back
    eg. using your bottle or taking items due to sabotage.
    Last edited by blash365; 02-01-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: edited title and highlighted the parts, that are worthy of further discussion, added quotes

Basic Member
    Believe it or not, people do get banned/repremanded over this sort of thing so make sure to report intentional ability abuse and/or intentional feeding. Also, I think allies can't destroy your items, though enemies can.

I'm thinking disablehelp should stop an ally from dropping your items anywhere but allied fountain and stop him from picking up your items. The point of disablehelp is to stop trolls like that in the first place.
    Hello, I'm Fydorian! I have Trouble getting even one cs per minute, so I help find bugs instead!
    To make things easier on everyone, if reporting a bug on the Gameplay Bugs forum, please read these stickies:
    Bug posting guidelines. READ THIS FIRST!
    Common Bugs List
    Intended Fix List
    This has been a PSA by yours truely, Fydorian.

Basic Member
    i am honestly surprised, that nobody has come up with that yet. at least i didnt find anything.

+1 for the highlighted part.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Items undestroyable by Allies

Hi,

first the gameid is: 23313580

what happend: I played furion and wanted my 2 items (Dragon rec x2). Tidehunter put my items on the ground and destroyed it. [in the replay at 19 min ingame]

it should be: Items should not be able to drop by other outside the base (from the chicken) or/and Items should be unable to destroy for 2 min after drop from chicken (for the teamm8s) or items should be never destroyable for the ownerteam.

PS: can some1 take eyes on this tide? I dont know why he destroyed my items!
    Last edited by blash365; 06-30-2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: tagged title and highlighted important part

Basic Member
    i highlighted the constructive part of your op. please dont discuss the game in question anymore and focus on whether it is useful to add the feature you suggested.

merged threads.
    Last edited by blash365; 06-30-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

The only item allies should be able to destroy is a gem, and your dropped items should be marked on the minimap.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    The only item allies should be able to destroy is a gem, and your dropped items should be marked on the minimap.
    +1

Suggestions to prevent item destruction

I started a thread yesterday but it got taken over by people complaining with pointless personal anecdotes.

This thread is for CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS ONLY.

It's annoying that in Dota 2 griefing teammates can take items from the courier and hide them or destroy them. I think it would be easy to implement some measures to prevent this.

1. These features can be either on by default, or only on when disable help is enabled, or some combination.
    2. Prevent teammates from taking your item off the courier except when in fountain, and then only allow them to move to your own stash. If your stash is full then the item is dropped on the ground.
    I think this should prevent griefing by teammates who would try to buy 12 branches to fill up the courier and their own stash. This means your items will only ever be either on the courier, in your stash, or on the ground in your fountain unless you drop your own items somewhere else.
    3. Prevent teammates from being able to put your items in their inventory.
    4. Prevent teammates from being able to destroy your items on the ground.

I think gem and rapier should stay the way they are.

This doesn't prevent griefing through courier feeding but these changes seem easy enough to implement in targeting griefers who destroy items. Dota 1 already had some measures that prevented teammates from being able to destroy items/take items that weren't yours so it seems like an oversight to not include it in Dota 2.

Please only post if you have other suggestions or want to contribute to a discussion about this topic. I'm surprised this isn't in the game already and I want more mods and people to see it. Don't just describe games where this happened to you. It's not helpful.

Basic Member
    merged.

Basic Member
    Bump.
    This just happened to me all game long, we still won, but christ my teammates, i'm not sure who, kept either a) dropping my items out of the courier or b) destroying them. This is seriously stupid. I've read that in dota1 items were locked. Why can't Valve implement this on Dota 2?

The game in question is: 32437256

I like the above recommendations and i pray that something similar will be implemented. Why would we want other people to have control of our items? That makes no sense.

The only time I believe that it's OK to delete items would be if the person has abandoned the game, but even so this seems severely limiting for the people that have abandoned due to an internet crash that rejoin.

Thankfully most people do not abuse the courier, but it's so annoying when they do.
    Last edited by vzilberm; 09-04-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: i'm an idiot