Thread: Alt-Tab bug - pretty important bug

Basic Member

Alt-Tab bug - pretty important bug

If I Alt-Tab the Dota 2 client after the most recent patch (for example, if I'm browsing the dev forums, looking at a Skype conversation or reading Cyborgmatt's blog while I'm in the matchmaking queue), I am unable to go back into Dota 2. Instead, when I click on the tab in the task bar or Alt-Tab back to Dota, I'm greeted with my desktop background with a few black squares over it, with no functionality otherwise; I have to close Dota using the Task Manager and start it up all over again just to play, which is incredibly annoying.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to fix it? Anyone know if it's a fault with Dota or if my computer is messing up? Cheers in advance.

Basic Member
    If you click on the learn tab at any point you lose the ability to minimize the game if you run it in full screen. As far as I'm aware everybody is experiencing this. To fix it restart DotA 2 and simply avoid the learn tab.

Basic Member
    There is this thread about it.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=43359
    Seems like watching the videos cause this problem. Other than that it is safe to use the learn tab AFAIK.