Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 causing: Blue Screen, Computer Restarts, Game crash, Game + Steam Crash

seems that thursday's patch didn't do anything to help this issue, as my dota 2 is still locking up my comp at the same spot as before.

Basic Member
    I finished my first custom lobby game since the Wisp/Luna patch after the update.

Far too small a sample size to prove anything, but it's at least somewhat encouraging.

Basic Member
    Are all of you guys crashing in game, or at the dashboard? I am also frequently getting BSOD's and computer restarts, but always from the Dashboard. I have to quickly jump into spectating a game to avoid them.

Not a heat related problem.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrr View Post
    Are all of you guys crashing in game, or at the dashboard? I am also frequently getting BSOD's and computer restarts, but always from the Dashboard. I have to quickly jump into spectating a game to avoid them.

Always in-game for me. I seem to be able to sit on the dashboard for as long as I like.

Basic Member
    After intro in dashboard, it resets my driver for couple of times cant even do ctrl+alt+del computer doesent respond to alt+f4 nothing it shuts down my mouse it makes a mess and the it bsods atipkmag.sys something like that catalyst 12.6 but ill post when i try pc is at my friends house

Quote Originally Posted by Myrr View Post

Nope, mine always crashes about a minute after I select a hero in game. The rest of the game's functions, replays and spectating work fine for me, I just can't play the game.

bump because this is still happening and I want to play dota

Basic Member
    Hey all,
    I think I've resolved my problems (gone 6 games or so without any crash / bsod)

It seems I had a faulty stick of ram.
    Why it only cause issue when playing dota2, I have no idea, maybe I don't play anything else that's as demanding as it?
    So long story short, check your hardware!

I diagnosed the issue after trying to stress out my videocard with 3D Mark.

Goodluck with your issues!

Just want to say that my problem has seemed to be solved as well. Except, unlike Darwin, all I did was update windows, and dota 2 hasn't crashed since.
    *edit* it appears I spoke too soon. Upon closing and re-launching dota 2, the crashes started happening again.
    Last edited by lemonlimecitrus; 07-08-2012 at 06:14 AM.

i have same here.