Thread: Moon Glaive Same Target Bouncing

Basic Member

Moon Glaive Same Target Bouncing

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=43193

The first bug listed in this thread is still in the game, and I have seen no discussion of it anywhere else. It has not been listed in either the intended fix or common bug lists. I just wanted to create a duplicate thread here, as it is in the main client now, and previous test client threads tend to get buried after being hidden for the week

Last edited by smokedsalmon; 06-30-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Basic Member
    This is not a bug, it has been clarified that every projectile - glaive leaves a mark on target that gets overwritten every time a secondary projectile- glaive hits the same target, allowing the first projectile target the unit again.
    try it with using only one shot at a time, they will not bounce.

Edit: in WC3 maps you can achieve ONE glaive bouncing between two units by setting the game constant in map editor / Game -allow several bounces at unit = true or something like that, got czech version of editor not sure about translate, for example Lichs ultimate is set this way
    Last edited by Kean01; 07-01-2012 at 12:20 PM.

I think what he means is that the interaction that occurs in Dota 1 does not happen in Dota 2. Therefore not knowing if it is an intended fix or a bug.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean01 View Post
    This is not a bug, it has been clarified that every projectile - glaive leaves a mark on target that gets overwritten every time a secondary projectile- glaive hits the same target, allowing the first projectile target the unit again.

Edit: in WC3 maps you can achieve ONE glaive bouncing between two units by setting the game constant in map editor / Game -allow several bounces at unit = true or something like that, got czech version of editor not sure about translate, for example Lichs ultimate is set this way
    And Lich ultimate can hit the same target more than twice (though that one doesn't really use bounce missile...)

Anyway, considering the original was due to a quirk in WC3 engine, you can chalk the current version as a fixed.

Though it might also be in the same situation as Bloodseeker's Thirst was pre6.73, where there was absolutely no effect on invis hero (where in DotA1 it's the 'can't see/target but can attack via attack move)
    That is to say, they'll either make it ALWAYS able to bounce to the same target, or never at all.

For now, the worse of the options.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean01 View Post
    When was it clarified that it wasn't a bug? In the thread that I linked, no moderator, administrator, developer, or core tester clarified whether or not it was considered a bug. I understand the circumstances under which the bouncing occurs, but as I said before, it has not yet been officially labeled as either an intended fix or as a bug.