Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning : Disconnected from Server No Steam logon

If the auth server is disabling gameplay it should flag the user as OK to leave after a certain number of kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The way to fix this error(through my experience) is to not just restart the Dota 2 client but to restart Steam. For some reason I think the Client is tricked into thinking you are not "logged in" to Steam so it will continuously kick you out until you restart Steam. This happened to me just yesterday(and I got an abandoned game for it..) Also I am unsure as it has only happened to me once so I will have to test it again but I believe it could possibly occur if you leave your PC/laptop on for awhile and allow it to go into sleep mode. I notice if it does and you turn it back on it kind of does a little restart to Steam as well. This has only happened with me once so I cannot be for certain but can I ask the others here if maybe perhaps you left your PC/laptop on and when you came back to play Dota 2 it was in sleep mode?

Anyways the fix seems to be to restart Steam not just the Dota 2 client.
    I can confirm this is not the case. While I leave my PC on for long periods of time, I exit Steam when I do. Yesterday I was able to play it fine (this was the first time it happened to me) on the same PC/connection without a restart, and today I got this bug. I tried to just restart Dota2 and it didn't help, so I restarted Steam and it kept on kicking me from the game.

Restarting Dota2 and/or Steam changed nothing.

Hey had the same problem, read on a website that you should delete the following files in your steam installation folder: Clientregistry.blob, Steam.dll, SteamUI.dll (While steam is closed). Then reopen steam and it will automatically update. I did that and managed to resume the game I was in but yeah.. Still got an abandonment count cause it took longer than 5 minutes. Hope this helps..

Edit: Deleted double post.
    Last edited by Juiceisgreat; 06-30-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Basic Member
    merged threads.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    US East here, same problem. Getting disconnected from every game every 1-2 minutes. I can reconnect, but I'll just get dropped again.

Basic Member

Disconection bug

Hi, i am getting kicked out of the game every 1 min...
    And i keep reconecting and it keeps kicking me out with the same deal Bug.jpg
    Last edited by Bf.smN; 06-30-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Basic Member
    moved to the technical support forum.

Please read this thread and posts updates here accordingly.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Basic Member
    I can confirm this. Same thing happened to me (Lion) and another player (Huskar) in MatchID 23392517. This ended up with me getting an abandon as well. Is there any way I can have that removed so that I'm not stuck in the leaver queue?

I have configured my router and firewall per the instructions in the link and have never had this happen before. The fact that 2 players in the same match were having the same issue makes it unlikely that its a firewall

Edit : Looks like this guy had the same problem http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=43800
    Last edited by vikassv; 06-30-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Basic Member
    Same thing happened to me, tried restarting Steam, and also restarting my computer, problem persisted both times. I also got an abandon when all was said and done, I really hope it can be removed somehow.

Basic Member
    thanks for the info, merged his thread with this one.
    did some further merging, cause i was missing the obvious.