Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning : Disconnected from Server No Steam logon

Had this problem earlier and I really have to leave my current game because this is annoying and affects my gameplay, and I have to face low priority on queues because of it. >.<
    Last edited by AzulMachina; 07-01-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Time Tense
    ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Suggestions:
    Possible fix for slow game loaders http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=51513

Basic Member
    Restart not only Dota 2 but also Steam as someone already mentioned and it should work (it did for me)

Basic Member
    Same here, currently have low prio too. I restarted my steam client but already got a leave for it. Is there a place where I can appeal this? This has been happening to me the past few days.

Basic Member
    I think the most puzzling thing, at least for me, is how arbitrary this bug is.

After not playing or touching steam overnight, I logged back into dota this afternoon to play and had no issues the first game. So being logged into steam for prolonged periods of time doesn't seem to affect this bug as previously was suspected.

After one game of play today with no issues, the bug returned. This was different than yesterday when I had fixed the problem similarly (be deleting the 3 files) where I had played 3-4 games before it returned again. So it seems that length of play doesn't seem to be a factor.

I can only guess from some of the other posts here that some have fixed it entirely, while some can play only practice games etc... leading me to believe that what you decide to play during that duration isn't a factor either. Its not like the bug only comes while playing regular MM, or only while playing practice matches. I personally get the bug during bot games as well as during MM.

I try pretty hard to be a nice guy, and a contributing member of the dota community and it's the pits to not be able to play, on top of being stuck in low priority matchmaking for what just turned into 2 extra days because of yet another d/c that took longer than 5 minutes to fix.

I thought I had fixed it temporarily, but I guess I was wrong. The abandons really do hurt and while I'm hoping for a quick fix and a ticket back to regular matchmaking from the devs I'd just be happy if anybody has ideas before the higher ups bring back word. If somebody has a documented permanent fix let us all know.
    Last edited by CDouble; 07-01-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Basic Member
    This problem has cropped up for me twice now. The first time, restarting Steam fixed it. The second time it didn't do anything at all. This is really frustrating. I can't queue for real games with this going on at all.

I appear to be able to watch games from The Defense without too much issue but otherwise the game isn't playable. I get DCed every 30 seconds.
    Last edited by tanikaze; 07-01-2012 at 11:46 PM.

This has just happened to me for the first time. Was playing a game and waiting at the pick screen. My game suddenly froze and was "not responding" according to the task manager so I force closed it along with steam which wasn't responding either. Then rebooted steam and dota, and finally reconnected to the game. However, this is where the persistent messages and autodisconnects occurred where I would be kicked out to the lobby every ~30 seconds stating "no steam log on" :/

Basic Member
    This is the most annoying problem so far. Ive got into low priority que just because of this. Everytime this problem occurs, my hero will be at base and gained no level.

Basic Member
    I'm getting Steam Validation Rejected or No Steam Logon often while I'm playing.
    This error can be caused by account sharing. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT. Account sharing is not permitted by the Steam Subscriber Agreement. You are responsible for the actions on your account.

If you are not sharing your account and you still receive this message, it indicates that Steam is having issues authenticating your ownership of Dota 2. It typically means that the Steam client is having difficulty connecting to the Steam servers. Please see this article to help identify issues with Steam connections, https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1456-EUDN-2493 Several users have reported success when changing Steam to use TCP (as described in the linked article).
    does this help any of you?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Changing the connection type to tcp seems to be helping in the bot game I'm testing it in, but then again deleting the files to fix the bug regularly provides anywhere from 1-4 satisfactory games so its hard to tell if its truly fixed. I think the best test would be to join the regular ap MM que but having jumped from 1 day to 18 hours to 2 days or low priority games is a harsh deterrent.

Also Ive had the steam account that's linked to my dota 2 account for a pretty long time and have never shared the account details or had a similar problem. Unless I've been hacked I'm not sure that would be a factor, but then again if I were hacked it might be hard to tell.

I will be doing more intense stress testing tomorrow when I have more time to see if I can get a few more numbers for the tcp launch option and find out whether or not it is a viable fix for my gaming rig, whether or not its a permanent fix, and if not how long it lasts temporarily.

I had this problem one game when i played pugna and today when i was playing beastmaster.When i rejoin my map was blank and when I said it in all chat they told me to leave and take an abandon.Is this a server bug or a client bug?
    EDIT:when this is fix can we all get out of low priority cause of this,also this only happens when i am playing dota.Didn't happen to me when i playing tf2.
    I'm think I'm finally out that Brazilian part of dota.