Thread: (Suggestion) Hold CTRL and drag in-game for same lines on minimap

Basic Member

(Suggestion) Hold CTRL and drag in-game for same lines on minimap

Title

Maybe if you hold a different button then CTRL i don't really care but I often find myself trying to make lines on the minimap (i rarely group and almost always solo queue) doing this in-game on screen rather than on the minimap causing me to start dragging boxes instead of drawing the desired lines...

I really like the option to be able to draw on the minimap and this would make it even better for me!

Anyone with me!!

TLDR: Ability to draw on minimap by drawing on the real map.

It's much faster to draw on the minimap, you can keep track of your hero and draw at the same time. If it would be the way you suggest, drawing even slightly longer lines would take too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    ofcourse it is, yet for me it feels clunky to have to move my mouse all the way to the minimap when I want to continue pushing upwards and could just as easy hold down my mouse-click and another button (say CTRL or ALT) + the button that moves my camera upwards. I'm assuming i'm mostly not playing with braindead morons who will understand when they see a small line appearing from down to up or just a small upwards arrow.

I'm not argueing for replacing the old system, just adding some new features and upgrading ... so basically all your arguments are very invalid xP
    Last edited by Anaslex; 06-30-2012 at 10:19 AM.

players should be able to draw in the map as spectators can, for strategy making purpose imo

Yeah it's much more useful as a spectator.