Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: <Player> is beyond godlike!!! Somebody kill him -> them!!

Quote Originally Posted by UHASCANSUR View Post
    No, you are wrong. Plain wrong.

Also, check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they

Read the ENTIRE article and if you still disagree you are either extremely ignorant or just a troll.
    No, I am not wrong. There is no information that states that "them" is the singular form of "they" throughout the ENTIRE article.

And actually, the article clearly shows that "them" is just the objective form of "they". I won't obligate you to read the ENTIRE article to make you find out this fact. Here you go, just read the chart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singula...tical_analysis (reading nominative and accusative columns are enough)

And f**k you for being such an annoying b*****d.

Unlike you, this guy is actually helping:

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nay. "Them" is a form of the singular they. Maybe you misunderstood me. I never said that "them" was a singular form of "they", although "them" and "they" are both singular in this case.
    OK, this clarifies my conflict. I have indeeed misunderstood. But you have to admit, << "them" (singular they) >> makes it look like you were claiming that "them" is the singular form of "they". << "them" (singular them) >> would be better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    OK, this clarifies my conflict. I have indeeed misunderstood. But you have to admit, << "them" (singular they) >> makes it look like you were claiming that "them" is the singular form of "they". << "them" (singular them) >> would be better.
    Well, I wrote this statement for people who actually know what singular they is. I think for those people it's not confusing. Besides, stating "them" was the singular form of "they" doesn't really make sense anyway, so I was just assuming, that people who read my posts think of the most logical or closest meaning.

zzzz i rather see (HIM) than (them)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HaiHai View Post
    zzzz i rather see (HIM) than (them)
    This thread is not about what someone likes. If you use "them" everywhere instead of "him", you should use it here as well.
    Glad that it is fixed. Close please.

Banned
    Valve should ask for SEX, or else "Kill her!"

Just wanna say, Warcraft 3 DotA still uses "Someone KILL HIM"

Last edited by Noya; 02-14-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noya View Post
    Just wanna say, Warcraft 3 DotA still uses "Someone KILL HIM"
    Because it's not from Valve and thus doesn't apply to the Valve Guidelines.
    Why is this still open? It was a bug and got fixed a long time ago. There is a different thread where you can discuss it (linked in the OP).