Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Auras.

Auras.

So, what exactly happened with the auras??? are they gone forever? if so, why?? why no one talks about it?

As a very old wc3/dota player i'm very used to auras, and personally find them completely awesome. Dota 2 second version of the auras were so perfect(especially vlads). But then they just...vanished. No warning, no statement. At first i tough they were just removing it temporarily for some adjustement or something like that, but it has been months now and they haven't returned =/
    I would REALLY like to have those auras back plus all of the remaining auras (including heroes) as they were completely awesome and added a nice visual to the game.

Some dev has a official statement about this? are they coming back ever?

Discuss on auras guys, AND PLEASE DON'T COME WITH THAT "too much clutter on the screen, can't understand a thing with those auras" cause dota 1 has all of them and we played it for years, also the dota 2 auras were very discrete and didn't get in the way of the action.
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 07-10-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    Not essential but did look nice.

I really miss the auras and they help a little in terms of visuals, for example I saw my enemy has a shiva's guard aura so I have to be cautious etc.
    Really hope they will bring it back.

The auras and passive buffs for heroes should be implemented also for example Arcane Aura, Command Aura, Fiery Soul etc.

We know some auras where there in the past which tells us there will be auras somewhen. And it's still not a released game. So all there's to say imo: Patience, young padawan!

Quote Originally Posted by Chairraider View Post
    We know some auras where there in the past which tells us there will be auras somewhen. And it's still not a released game. So all there's to say imo: Patience, young padawan!
    Well, yeah. i've been waiting a longe time now to finally make this post, i would just like to know from someone if they are really coming back or not. Can you tell me for sure they will come back sometime?
    I fear they discarted them forever =//
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    I really liked them too but got used to them not being around.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSuo View Post
    Well, yeah. i've been waiting a longe time now to finally make this post, i would just like to know from someone if they are really coming back or not. Can you tell me for sure they will come back sometime?
    Nope, I can't. But I am also still kinda convinced that auras will return one way or another.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    they provide a nice way of detection since you know someone is near when enemy creeps get that glow below them from aura, did wonders against clumsy invis players. and i think that was the main point of basilius being turned off. so, yes, i think they will implement it sooner or later.

Basic Member
    Auras should and almost certainly will return, it's just a question of designing them to be recognisable without being straight copies of the original.

Hell, some of them already seem to exist, I've noticed Roof and Necro with special, aura-like effects.