Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Suspend player from queue while launching "watch game"

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Suspend player from queue while launching "watch game"

While search is in progress, often people (like me frustrated with long queue) joins to spectate some match and while the game is loaded, just in case if the match has found a game and since I am still loading the game, I can;'t respond to "accept" to join the game. You know what does it mean, its not just me but its frustrating to other 9 members, blaming the unknown user.

Solution:
    I am not saying to completely remove the player from queue, but I suggest to "auto cancel the search" while loading the game load which he is going to watch and "auto search" after the game is loaded"

Basic Member
    are you sure, that isnt done already?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Yes, it happened to me 2-3 times. I avoid it by cancel the search, join and search again. But its worth automating it to avoid bad experience to others just because 1 retard (like me) did it

Basic Member
    that is very social of you. this topic deserves some attention.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    happend to me one time to.
    search for a game should be put "on hold" until player has loaded the game.

Another solution would be the suggestion with the pre-loading of the game content.
    Then it takes only a few secs until your "watch game" has loaded and u should still be able to click accept.

Another thing is that the sound for "game found" is not playing while the game is loading. So if u not check yourself after you load the game u are not able to see that you already found a game a while ago until you go to the menu

Basic Member
    +1
    Happened to me a few times as well.

"From the first point was begat a line. From this line was begat a world. And that first point was one I made."

Basic Member
    Suspending might be the way on full release of the game when they can find a player of similar skill lvl instead of you... for now it might be better just to give the guy who is loading a game some extra time to respond. I'd guess that others would rather wait for extra 10s than wait for next game +3min.

*Stares at the thread confused for 10 minutes*
    Storm[HUN] ~~~ Sic itur ad astra, per aspera. | [Dotabuff]

Basic Member
    Don't, just don't.
    I don't want to have my search cancelled/suspended just because someone else has a wooden PC and can't load a map, for purpose of watching a game, in reasonable time thus misses the opportunity to click "Accept".

Quote Originally Posted by Koojav View Post
    Don't, just don't.
    I don't want to have my search cancelled/suspended just because someone else has a wooden PC and can't load a map, for purpose of watching a game, in reasonable time thus misses the opportunity to click "Accept".
    Right... You do realize the last person that never confirms the 'accept' and thus causes the system to find another match may very well be someone who is in the process of loading a game via spectating. Suspending match finding while in the process of loading may very well cut down on this.

And besides, not everyone has a high end pc, Dota 2 is designed to be catered to everyone.