Thread: Deleting Strange items should not lose their strange status

Basic Member

Deleting Strange items should not lose their strange status

Hi Everyone,

It took me deleting about 5-10 strange items before I realised but even though the delete message says if you delete a strange common, you have a small chance for an uncommon, and if you delete a rare you have a small chance for a mythical etc, what it doesn't tell you is that strange items found in chest cannot currently be deleted for a small chance to upgrade the strange item.

I feel like since you are taking a bit risk in deleting a strange item (it took me 9 deletes to get 1 upgraded item), that the item should still be strange.

As it stands now I deleted 9 strange items to gain 1 Non strange item seems a bit dumb (the item was essentially downgraded from strange to normal).

Any other suggestions or feedback welcome

Basic Member
    I don't have any feedback but these guys do: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=42990

Basic Member
    Deleting items for a small chance at a better one was the dumb act, strange or not. It's likely meant to be a small compensation for ridding yourself of worthless items, hence why you're deleting them. You're not supposed to take it as a gamble for something better, that's not the point.

Working as intended.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    I don't have any feedback but these guys do: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=42990
    Thanks Wiener hehe yeah that post is actually mine, from when I initially thought it was a bug but as Nerdstick points out perhaps this is the intention.

I've posted it here as a suggestion not a bug, thanks for the feedback

Basic Member
    You again? It was already said that you can only get stranges for opening chests, not deleting other stranges. The text pretty much says it all:
    "When you destroy this COMMON item you will have a small chance of immediately discovering one UNCOMMON item."
    It doesn't say "When you destroy this strange common item ... discovering one strange uncommon item".

Basic Member
    Vynn its implied in the text actually just have a read of a strange item next time.

And as outlined already this forum is for suggestions not bugs so please make sure you are in the right forum before posting, thanks!

Basic Member
    No, it's not implied. You are the one who wants it to be.