Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Replay Management

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Replay Management

Its quite annoying having to search for the games you've downloaded then to click watch replay. Is there anyway to bring up a list of all downloaded replays for easy perusal?

Basic Member
    i believe you can find the files in your file system, "<Steam Install DIR>\SteamApps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\replays" this will at least give you the match id's, then for now you can at least know what match id to look for. But yes i agree, having alist of downloaded replays would be SOO much better.

Basic Member
    This would be a nice feature. Or if valve is going to store all the replays, better way of filtering to see just your games.

Quote Originally Posted by k00pa View Post
    This would be a nice feature. Or if valve is going to store all the replays, better way of filtering to see just your games.
    you can already filter replays by name...with the big red filter button

as for the OP suggestion, yes, a listing of 'local' replays would be nice

Basic Member
    yes you can filter replays by name, and until now that's what i've been doing, but with me for example, i've got about 150 games played right now, i've downloaded maybe 4 or 5 of my replays that i really liked, that were awesome games. And right now if i wanted to find them, i have to sift through 150 of my games to find them, and there isn't even a notification of which ones that are downloaded unless you actually click on every single one and see the "Watch replay" button instead of the "Download Replay" button.

Basic Member
    steris pretty much summed up the problem. I like to download replays so i can cast them later, but half the time i forget which ones ive downloaded cause of the trashy replay management system

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitestryker View Post
    steris pretty much summed up the problem. I like to download replays so i can cast them later, but half the time i forget which ones ive downloaded cause of the trashy replay management system
    U do know ur replays are saved in "dota 2 beta/dota/replays" folder, and that u can watch them using "playdemo replays/filename" command on console right?

Basic Member
    Also "Most Downloaded" would be nice as a filter/sorting of replays.

Most Downloaded: Today, This Week, This Month, All Time

Basic Member
    #HuStK
    I think he wants to be able to manage his replays ingame, without bringing up the console. not everyone is familier with using console and commands. and for user-friendlyness console is "no go"..

Basic Member
    #bQvleztar
    I know, just saying he dosn't have to search the the games he played to find and watch the replay of the games he wants. I agree with him, the game should have a better way to find the replays u have downloaded and a better way to filter only ur games. I even have a post about it.
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...plays-feedback.