Thread: [Fixed] Vlads Lifesteal not working during Juggers Omnislash

Basic Member

[Fixed] Vlads Lifesteal not working during Juggers Omnislash

Summary:
    When using omnislash on juggernaught, the normal attacks that he does inbetween slashes should lifesteal (and note that they do for orb lifesteal), however with vlads aura lifesteal, they do not.

Repro:
    1) Level up jugger to at least level 16. buy vlads maybe grab some IAS for ensuring many bonus hits
    2) Get damaged down by some towers/roshan
    3) Use Omnislash on some creeps/neutrals

Result:
    Notice your health not jumping up with lifesteal, only natural regen.

Expected:
    Notice your health jump up correctly.

Repeat tests with orb-based lifesteal to see the difference. Note it DOES also work with the satanic buff - huge hp gains with it on.

edit:
    Further testing (see posts below) has shown that many friendly auras will be removed from Jugger for the duration of his ulti, including vengefuls aura and beastmasters aura.
    Last edited by Hadz; 07-04-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: further clarification/investigation

Basic Member
    So basically, the game isn't counting attacks during omnislash as melee attacks?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiener View Post
    So basically, the game isn't counting attacks during omnislash as melee attacks?
    No, if you notice he mentioned Satanic (even with active) and other lifesteal orb work.

My guess here is that his invulnerable state from Omnislash prevents everything from affecting him, including auras.

If someone can test that the extra attack he does deals less damage during Omni than outside of it, that'll confirm it (not using my DoTA2-installed PC right now)
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    No, if you notice he mentioned Satanic (even with active) and other lifesteal orb work.

I think weiner means that because vlads only works on melee heroes, perhaps the game doesn't consider the additional slashes from omnislash as 'melee' - this would be consistent with lifesteal still working for orbs (which work on ranged too).

This might have been it, but battlefury cleave works on these additional slashes - which wouldn't if they were considered ranged, I presume. Therefore I think it may be a different cause.

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post

My guess here is that his invulnerable state from Omnislash prevents everything from affecting him, including auras.

If someone can test that the extra attack he does deals less damage during Omni than outside of it, that'll confirm it (not using my DoTA2-installed PC right now)
    I think you may be correct. On testing this again I noticed that the vlads aura buff fades entirely a moment after starting omnislash, returning after it ends. I presume this also means I am not getting the bonus 15% damage for those slashes either, as you suggest. This could turn out to be that all friendly auras arn't affecting jugger during his ulti.
    Last edited by Hadz; 07-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Basic Member
    I did forget about battlefury. I'd test some things but my steam refuses to work.

I tested it and RoflCat's theory was correct. Juggernaut does less damage during omni then with normal attacks. The aura does not seem to be effecting him during omnislash. The aura's visual buff also disappears during omnislash.
    Last edited by Wiener; 07-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Basic Member
    I went on to test this further - I brought a beastmaster and a vengeful along with their auras maxed, and when jugger ultis, the aura affects are removed from him for the duration of the ult. My damage which was like 126+62 just became plain old 126 for the duration.

Basic Member
    Bump because I don't think anyone's noticed the thread yet!

Basic Member
    did anybody test this in wc3 dota yet?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Tested, juggernaut can receive aura benefits in Dota 1.

Basic Member
    adding to sticky then.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage