Thread: Couple questions about Dota2 Implementations

Basic Member

Couple questions about Dota2 Implementations

I remember Desolator and S and Y went through ghost form in Dota 1. It doesn't in Dota2. Is that on purpose?

Conversely Luna was not able to use those two specific items in Dota 1. How about Dota 2?

Syllabear's recommended item is orb of venom, so is that a perfect stack with entangle? Dota 2 wiki says the only perfect stack is life steal and skadi.
    On the topic of Syllabear, I never truly understood the bear. The skill and it's description says summon, but wiki says it is considered an ancient. The wiki continues to say that all ancients are magic immune (on the ancients page), but that doesn't hold true for Sylla either. Pretty weird IMO.

Then on a side note, I noticed some bugs while playing Dota 2 and not sure if they have been addressed yet (and fixed for that matter). Im sure the first one has.

1. Mirana arrow goes through unit when she is touching the unit.
    2. DK's fire breath goes through unit when he is touching the unit.
    3. Doom normally can't eat high level creeps, but if enchantress enchants one, he can devour any level creep at level 1.
    4. (I've encountered this one many times) heros can still blink after getting hit with a spell.
    5. Certain spells that normally granted immunity in Dota 1 doesn't in Dota 2. ie Mirana's leap (can't remember all of them off the top of my head)
    6. Spectre's dagger lets you get stuck in certain places. (Like the path is still present, you can get onto a ledge, but not off)

This all started with Desolator and ghost form, then I got carried away.... Sorry if all this stuff has been mentioned before . Just curious....

EDIT:
    Oh yeah and one last thing. I had mkb on furion recently and it seems to screw up people with channeling spells. For example I attack shadow shaman, he nets me, and it gets instantly canceled because the animation of the attack is slower than net and then I get the lucky proc for the mini stun. The same thing happened with Bane (twice) as he ulted me. This may not be a bug, but pretty unfair IMO.
    Last edited by krikara; 07-04-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Basic Member
    Desolator and Mjollnir/Maelstrom (not sny) went through ghost form only with pugna in dota1. And it not working in dota2 may be an intended fix.

Luna can use them in dota 2. The effects will only work on the first target.

Ancients are not magic immune actually but most area spells and some single target spells exclude them from allowed targets.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    Desolator and Mjollnir/Maelstrom (not sny) went through ghost form only with pugna in dota1. And it not working in dota2 may be an intended fix.
    Actually Sange and S and Y went through it too.

Edit: But I now see this was an intended fix.
    Last edited by krikara; 07-04-2012 at 02:49 AM.