Thread: [BUG or NOT?]

Basic Member

[BUG or NOT?]

My friend was having some issues with switching between "Attack Move" and casting spells.

He could click "A" and attack without problem but was unable to spam attack move for some odd reason. Another issue he had was when he had a spell qued and ready to cast, was unable to cancel the qued spell and was unable to "right click move" or "right click attack".

His computer is well capable of running the game and is also brand new. Don't believe its a hardware issue at all.

Can anyone help?

Basic Member
    what is spamming attack move supposed to do?

also spells dont get canceled by movement commands, once they started the cast animation. you need to use the stop command for that.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Yeah this is definitely not a hardware issue nor a bug. Your friend should double check his binds (seems to be the most likely problem) and then try to work things out in a practice game. If it isn't his binds, then the problem is just him. Maybe he is clicking A and then rightclicking.

Adding on to what blash365 said now. When you cast a spell and want to cancel it immediately, stop command is the best way. It will stop the spells while your hero is performing the animation, unless you are too slow / the spell is too fast. With that said, there are times you can cancel a spell with move / attack / attack move commands. And that is when you cast a spell that is out of range and your hero has to walk to an area to be in range. In this event, your hero has not even started to animate his spell casting yet, so yes, you can cancel it with other type of commands. This also includes stop, hold position, casting other spells, etc

Basic Member
    Thanks for the responses.

Now i know all this, but in response to Blash, spamming attack move should would still have your character moved to the direction where you spam click, in his case his character doesnt move at all. Even with trying to deny he has to que the command more than 5 times for this character to respond. It's not a case of him not knowing how to play because he does, shouldn't have been his internet either because we checked his ping and it was better than ours.

Tried to help him trouble shoot, he used the default keys as well as customized the keys himself and the same issues. Still troubleshooting it and can't figure out what it is.