Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Wisp - spirits in/spirits out

Basic Member

[Fixed] Wisp - spirits in/spirits out

I don't know if it's me or what, but when i do spirits in and spirits out while moving the spirits have some kind of glitch and don't move in a fluid way like was before the patch, they seems to go off their route and move strangely.

oh and OT, but i liked better the way they exploded before this patch.

Valve Developer
    Could you grab a screenshot? I'm not sure I know what you are referring to.

Basic Member
    Sorry for the video quality, i did it with the phone because was a faster way to upload it..i hope it shows what is the bug i refer to. Spirits moves in strange ways going off the circle sometimes..oh i noticed it happens only while i have a twitch/own3d streaming opened. I'll try if it does the same thing also on the other client.
    Last edited by MashV; 07-05-2012 at 08:12 AM.

try checking your ping by typing "-ping" in chat when that glitch occurs again.

Basic Member
    I tryed it on the official client and also with twitch opened it doesn't glitch this way.

Ping seems ok, i have the ping/fps always showing while i play and it's around 78/84 also while i have twitch opened. And also, this glitch shows up only with the new patch.
    Last edited by MashV; 07-05-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MashV View Post
    oh i noticed it happens only while i have a twitch/own3d streaming opened.
    solution: close your stream while playing as wisp.
    it is clearly something related to cpu/vga usage.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kolt View Post
    solution: close your stream while playing as wisp.
    it is clearly something related to cpu/vga usage.
    Yeah obviously i'm doing this way, but if in the official client it doesn't make any problem and now in test build with new patch it does, they can find a solution for sure, because it seems to me a matter of optimization.

Basic Member
    Unless it was fixed without me knowing. Using spirit in/out also triggers silncers passive

I imagine that if there are any new issues with Wisp's Spirits, it's related to this line from the update notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Fixes for guardian spirits rendering with pops and such when entering/leaving FoW.
    I imagine the client-side coding changed in a way that made latency issues disrupt the prediction. Stop telling the OP to just close the stream. Sure, he can close it, but someone with a worse Internet connection may see it like this permanently. His observation is indicative of an issue worth being brought to the developers' and testers' attention, regardless of whether the developers decide it's worth addressing in the end.

It doesn't help the development process to want to bury your head in the sand. There are very few people in this beta who seem willing to actually look for and report issues with reproduction steps. This guy even made a video, so stop making him feel like he's swimming against the current just trying to bring an issue to everyone's attention.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenkrow View Post
    Unless it was fixed without me knowing. Using spirit in/out also triggers silncers passive
    they shouldn't give wand charges anymore, so maybe it's the same trigger as the last word. Can't test it right now, but will do so later.

Edit: I can confirm it is fixed.
    Last edited by Boh; 07-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.