Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Intended?] You can run under torrented/impaled units

[Intended?] You can run under torrented/impaled units

When you're blocked by enemy creeps/heroes you can simply impale/torrent them and run under them while they're in the air.

Basic Member
    Sounds reasonable to me. I mean, they are in air right?

I assume this wasn't in the original Dota?

Not sure if it could happen on DotA1 but sounds intuitive and reasonable. This thread should probably be moved to the Mechanics and Bug Brainstorming section.
    Winner of the "From Model to Hero" contest that created Puck and creator of Puck's ultimate

Basic Member
    this is actually quite interesting lol

Basic Member
    can somebody post the dota 1 behaviour? just wanna know, whether i should post it on my intended fix list or not.
    since i am 100% this is not a bug.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Well I think this effects this http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=12568 which is found in the bug list.

Units in the air don't have a spot saved for them on the ground so you can't perform the trapping mentioned in the forum. Nowadays it probably just attempts to place people back down but moves them if something is located where they should fall. You really would think it was an intended fix.

Basic Member
    This sounds, well, logical, since hes the air.

It does have a pretty clear balance implication in the case of serpent ward trapping with cyclone (and other knock-ups to a lesser degree). I think at the very least there should be a collision box for aerial units that effects units spawning around them only.

^he's right, this does have balance issues, i just tested this with furion's treant, eul'd unit land somewhere outside the group of treant when the group is too clustered in the middle, this comes to mind with Broodmother's spiderling

the same with kunkka's torrent, can't test it properly with impale-based spell since the air time is kinda too fast
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work in DotA 1. I recall trying to run under torrented units inside the tree pathing to get out but it didn't work out.