Thread: [U2] Projectiles/missles not disjoint properly when spirit bear is recreated

[U2] Projectiles/missles not disjoint properly when spirit bear is recreated

Dota1:

Dota2:

All projectiles follow Spirit Bear, probably because he is moved, healed and purged, instead of being recreated.
    Since he is widely used in cm, this is an issue, as opponents can sense where sylla is, by following projectiles.

(it's still present in test build)

//pehaps make requirement/suggestion to add update1/2/3/4... in tags/braces in topic for easier mainting for devs when issue was detected/present

this Forumsection is only for test relevant bugs

And this is relevant to both versions of the game - just repost this in Gameplay Bugs or wait for a moderator.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    so what are you reporting?
    the fact, that the projectile now actually mirrors the game mechanics?
    if you focus on the hp bar of the respawned bear in wc3 dota, you will see, that he in fact gets the tower damage.

thanks for the detailed bug report though. keep it up!
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    No, what he means is that this ''bug'' or mechanic work kind of like the same way that it used for PL. Remember when illusions that are far would still shoot their animations for his Q, you could guess where his approximate location was.

This is acting in the same way. Lets say the bear was away from the druid, and was getting attacked by tower, and then you re-create a bear, resulting in the missle to change direction and start tracking the bear. Because of that, you could now guess where the approximate location of Sylla is, which it shouldnt.

Basic Member
    ok, then i missunderstood.

in my eyes this is nitpicking though and i still consider this an intended fix.
    feel free to discuss it nevertheless.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    And in addition, he is pointing an other bug (well imo it was a bug in dota, but the change between dota and dota 2 is pretty huge).

Well, the difference I'm thinking is described in the following replay:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1490244475/LastReplay.w3g
    In short, in dota 2, the missile will follow, instead of going at the casting location of the tp, thus heroes have time to heal, instead of diying instantaneously (it only used to work with fatal blow -in none fatal blow, the hit in dota will follow-).

Mb an intended change, but the difference is huge between dota and dota2. I think that we should balance discuss about this, cause the change which has been made make sense, but personnaly, in less than 400 games, I already missed about 7 kill cause of this

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miambox View Post
    And in addition, he is pointing an other bug (well imo it was a bug in dota, but the change between dota and dota 2 is pretty huge).

Well, the difference I'm thinking is described in the following replay:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1490244475/LastReplay.w3g
    In short, in dota 2, the missile will follow, instead of going at the casting location of the tp, thus heroes have time to heal, instead of diying instantaneously (it only used to work with fatal blow -in none fatal blow, the hit in dota will follow-).

Mb an intended change, but the difference is huge between dota and dota2. I think that we should balance discuss about this, cause the change which has been made make sense, but personnaly, in less than 400 games, I already missed about 7 kill cause of this
    I do think that the fact that it doesnt insta kill AFTER tp is a good thing, since it kinda made no sense at all to die at your base.

Altough, I do think that the missle following right after IS a nerf to Druid.

There were 2 things i was concerned about:

1. Projectile gives information about direction where lone druid is (bad for escaping/juking) -> nerf

2. I was thinking more of that issue

D2:

but seems that's working as intended and I'm the idiot here hm...
    D1:

I really thought bear was, at some point in time, recreated, that's why he was immune to following projectiles. But it probably changed at the same moment when using summon ability again healed instead of wasted.

Should have posted in in Brainstorm section, or check properly at start but hadnt 2nd cpu, sorry for all the fuss.

// miambox film for no wc3:

Presents similar issue, but that's how war3 worked, and it was not my concern. (i only cared about 'recreating' part, not general projectiles going all over the map, which is hilarious sometimes and makes good weekly dota films)
    That issue might be subject of debate but not a direct dota2 bug.

Mod plz close this as it's explained, I feel ashamed :<.

// to clarify:
    Altough number 1 i do consider an issue, it's not bug i was thinking of;
    What i thought was bug, was that no projectiles should follow/hit (be it tower, or stormbolt hitting bear and druid)
    Issue 1 is a nerf to juking with any escaper be it blink/recreate/x marks the spot/ in future fire panda ult), but it's not the only one in dota2 (like r-click on hero going into fog) and is subject to more general debate, not this particular topic i guess.
    Last edited by adrianlegg; 07-05-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    You gotta FIGHT!
    For Your RIGHT!
    To BUUUGFIX!