Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed?] Decay healing the target for the stats regained

Basic Member

[Fixed?] Decay healing the target for the stats regained

Decay is bugged. At level one, it steals 4 strength and deals 40 damage. After the debuff goes away, the hero dirge used it on gains approximately 100 hp, and the hero takes no permanent damage. If one uses decay twice, each time the debuff goes away the hero heals approximately 200 hp, effectively healing the hero for 200 hp at level 1. This makes decay a useless spell outside of the strength you gain. This is not how it worked in DotA.
    Last edited by Doomblaze; 07-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Basic Member
    Confirmed, something weird with it, in dota2 when you regain the 4str, you seem to gain hp equal to the loss of 4str on top of reverting to the same % as before, effectively healing you for 76(I guess?). In dota1, it doesn't, you'll end up with the same % as you had when it wore off, so you'll be missing some hp.

Basic Member
    also the damage seems to be really bugged. In dota1 you take the damage after you lose the str. in dota2 you take damage before you lose str making decay hit for alot less mostly when the enemy is at a low %

Basic Member
    In dota1, it doesn't maintain the percent hp. It just makes them lose 76 hp and max hp when cast, and when it expires, the enemy gets +76hp and max hp. This is because it changes base strength (the white number). So i guess if its healing around 200 hp, its surely a bug.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    In dota1, it doesn't maintain the percent hp. It just makes them lose 76 hp and max hp when cast, and when it expires, the enemy gets +76hp and max hp. This is because it changes base strength (the white number). So i guess if its healing around 200 hp, its surely a bug.
    What seems to be happening in Dota 2 is that the affected unit loses 76 max hp, and the percentage hp is maintained, this happens before the spell's damage occurs. When the duration ends, they are healed for 76 hp before gaining 76 max hp, while the percentage is again maintained (while this does slightly amplify the heal, the way it works now does not allow the heal to ever be 200)

A similar issue (probably the same issue actually) with changes in base HP and how it affects actual hp, has been discussed here:

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=34489

It is listed as number 6 on the "Low" section of the common bugs list.
    Last edited by smokedsalmon; 07-06-2012 at 01:28 AM.

Confirmed and bump because this is one of the main Dirge skills.

+1
    Maverick Hunter.

Basic Member
    each time the stolen strength returned, enemy target should get 4*19=76 hp heal. the heal is not percentage based. so heal more than this is surely buggy.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Agreed with this, decay seems to be much less effective as a healing and surviving spell when going low.