Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentagram and Satanic in DotA

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiverrettu View Post
    I would like for you to prove that paganism, or any other Zeus worship forms a significant portion of the world today, enough for it to allow us to conclude that it is something that a significant portion of people thinks is true.
    I would like for you to prove that creationist Christians who object to an item named Satanic in Dota 2 form a significant portion of the world today, enough for it to allow us to conclude that it is something that a significant portion of people thinks is true.

Doesn't work. There's a grand total of one person objecting to this, and that's you. Regardless of how many people you believe are offended, there's only one of them who it bothers enough that they're posting.
    Last edited by DarkLite; 07-06-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kirves View Post
    Okay? So what? The character in Defense of the Ancients is demonstrably fictional, and his existence in game is neither a promotion or rejection of Satan or Satanism. It's a theme that encompasses something. Again, this is a personal problem. Sort it out on your own. Maybe you should start instalocking Omniknight every time the enemy team runs Doom Bringer.
    This man has it right. This is a personal problem that you should sort out, and valve doesn't need to change the game based on the religious views of one person because they are offended by a video game. Mods should really come in here and lock this I think.

I've seen this before, it was already discussed and everyone know it will lead to nowwhere. Now stop writing huges walls of biblical-nonsense and play the game like it's supposed to be: like a toy. If you don't like it, don't play it.

/close

If the game offends you, don't play it. It's that simple.

However, if you get enough people to sign a petition, maybe Valve would add a downloadable mod that changes the pentagram to a smiley face. I think most people that would be offended by this wouldn't be playing DotA, though. This reminds me of the people screaming about Harry Potter being about devil worship when they had the simple option to not read the book. God help them if they actually find a book about devil worship, and hopefully you stay away from games like Diablo.

Basic Member
    So you believe that a certain group of people should have their feelings considered only because they encompass a significant portion of the population and therefore have power? So the issue is not at all on the issue of being offended? Those few people faithful to the Pagan ways should just, by your logic, have to deal with it because they're not as numerous as you guys. Double standard much, hypocrite? In the context of DOTA, I'm sure you are the only one or of few to complain relative to the number of people who don't give a shit if the hero references the devil. So, I guess we win by your democratic standards, then? gg no re

Banned
    Taking the pentagram out offends me as much as having it in offends you. Checkmate Valve.

Well of course this is for discussion so I would like to hear opinions from back and forth.
    The problem is, every time you make this thread (and this is at least the fifth one I've seen), you hear opinions that disagree. Every time. There hasn't been a single person saying that they agree with you in any of these threads. And yet you still carry on posting this and claiming this is offensive. If you really wanted to hear opinions on both sides and have a discussion, you'd have dropped the topic after seeing opinions in the first thread you made.

Basic Member
    Moved to the Lore Subforum.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Well in my religion, Satan is real, I dunno about Islam. That's why it's so disturbing to see the mention of Satan in game, as well as forced to build them item Satanic from time to time(wich any Valve admins can check, I haven't built, or picked Lucifer except for once in like 200-300 games, so im NOT a liar or troll).
    To me, hispanics are real. Please remove storm spirit, it is disturbing to even mention in game.

Basic Member
    I'm sure OP can customize his own skill icons and relevant hero files to make Doom into a family-friendly hero for his copy only. No need to ruin the hero for the MAJORITY because you are one of few to take offense.