Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Russian Chatrooms

Basic Member
    The "problem" is that the Russian server was intented for both Scandinavian and Russian players to play at. Thus we are automatically placed in the Russian chatrooms. I really don't know what Valve was thinking but they apparently didn't realize that the problem was the language barrier, and not ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Berra_la View Post
    We are not hating on the Russians, we simply want to be able to communicate with our fellow players.
    Click the "+" button next to the chatroom. Wait a moment to load the available rooms. Select Europe 1/ Nordish_by_nature/.... chat room. Profit.
    I myself created a chatroom for my buddies, their buddies and co. Plus I perma-added one Europe room.

You all know how hard it is to communicate with our cyrillic mates, so I guess Valve has the same issue. That's why the server is located in Sweden up to now. Assuming Valve is as awesome as Icefrog, all regions will get their servers someday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightkillthaz View Post
    The "problem" is that the Russian server was intented for both Scandinavian and Russian players to play at. Thus we are automatically placed in the Russian chatrooms. I really don't know what Valve was thinking but they apparently didn't realize that the problem was the language barrier, and not ping.
    Okay, thats really sad then

Basic Member
    Fix this shit.

No one in Europe likes the russians.

North Europe is not Russia. Sweden is not Russia. Get me out of russian chats.

Basic Member
    Iceland reporting in and we would like to be in the europe chat rooms, I guess we are more european than russian

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prassel View Post
    Fix this sh*t. (please)

(No one in Europe likes the russians.)

North Europe is not Russia. Sweden is not Russia. Get me out of russian chats.
    And neither is Finland. I find this personally offensive, considering our history over a few decades.

Regardless, history put aside, this is in no way practical or user friendly since none of us Fennoscandian speak russian nor have anything to do with russia in general. The amount of spam on the channels makes it unbearable to try and communicate with anybody. We are european, and like mentioned several times in this thread already, it is an important fix which doesn't really seem like much work. Therefore I assume this is being dealt with in the next patch and won't be ranting any longer.

Thank you.

+1.
    Doing a great job Valve!

You are not put into russian chat room, its just that they are everywhere. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    You are not put into russian chat room, its just that they are everywhere. So annoying.
    If a chat room is labeled Russia, I'd call it a Russian chat room.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    I am. The Russian server seems to be in Sweden and apparently all nordic countries' players are forced to go there. It even says "russia".