Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Russian Chatrooms

Basic Member

Russian Chatrooms

One thing I noticed which I assume isn't intended is non-russians being added to the russian chatrooms.

I assume the russian chatrooms were added when you added the new stockholm servercluster.
    And now even though I'm swedish I get added to the russian chatrooms.
    Could this be changed?

Basic Member
    agree .. i dont want to be in russian channel im from finland.. dont want to see their jiberis

Basic Member
    +1! This is ridiculous.

Before they added new servers, Russian players were connected to Chinese chatrooms and in practice game "automatic" settings would select chinese servers with 500+ ping. Not that anyone (beside me) seemed to mind. Oh the irony.
    Sadly, there are no solution beside
    a) dealing with it since official regional channels are full of spammers anyway
    b) waiting for Valve to implements more refined regional channels

I don't understand why the new Stockholm server cluster is called Russia in the first place. They don't have Internet over there?

Because Valve fucked up.

Basic Member
    I support that. And the spam there is horrendous! May be one usefull think will be to spam to them that there is a Russian server now.

I would suggest for having an option in which server one should, if he wants at all, to be placed by default.

Basic Member
    Stop adding me to russian channels and please stop forcing me to play with them! Europe is not RUS!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Berra_la View Post
    I don't understand why the new Stockholm server cluster is called Russia in the first place. They don't have Internet over there?
    So what? Do you know that main european cluster is in Belgium? Why the whole Europe play there?

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    So what? Do you know that main European cluster is in Belgium? Why the whole Europe play there?
    Yes, and they call it Europe, not Belgium.. Nothing wrong there. We are Europeans and have no problem communicating (the vast majority, at least).

If they want to place the servers for Russia in Sweden, I don't mind. The problem is that non-Russians are placed there too. The main reason everyone wanted Russia get their own region was because they generally cannot communicate with their teams (who speak English). Every time I start Dota 2, I'm put in a Russia X room. If you thought the European chat rooms were filled with Russian spam about commends, trades and who the heck knows, try the new rooms made for them.

If you actually read the topic, we are asking why non-Russians, or rather non-Russian speaking people are placed in Russian chat rooms. (And to add salt to our wounds, the servers supporting this bull is in our own back yard. Which my last comment was pointing at.)

We are not hating on the Russians, we simply want to be able to communicate with our fellow players.