Thread: [Fixed] Aegis dissapeared for no apparent reason

Basic Member

Question [Fixed] Aegis dissapeared for no apparent reason

Bug description: I attempted to pick up the Aegis at the same time as our Nature's Prophet destroyed it, leading to the game stating I got the Aegis in chat, but in reality it was destroyed. So the issue is: if someone picks up the aegis at the almost exact same time as someone is destroying it, the game gets confused as to what actually happened.

Match-ID: 23719467 (link: dota2://matchid=23719467&matchtime=1150)

Go to ~19:10 replay time (14:50 ingame-time) - when I (Lycan) try to pick up the Aegis, it simply disappears - even though chat states that "Gnomocide (Lycanthrope) picked up Aegis of the Immortal!", and Lycan does his "Immortality!" voice line.

Edit: okay after watching a couple of times in slow motion, I know what happened: our Nature's Prophet actually destroyed the Aegis. However, it's still buggy that the chat said I picked it up, and that Lycan used his Aegis voice line.
    Last edited by Gnomocide; 07-07-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: found reason, still bugged

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Thanks mate, it's not exactly a gamebreaking bug, but should still be fixed at some point

Basic Member
    I've seen same thing happened on some stream (maybe singsing's) just day or two ago...
    Sorry for my bad English.

happened to me yesterday. deny message appeared first, pickup message appeared second. aegis was in inventory.