Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Intended Fix?] Morphling able to START using Morph ability under Chronosphere

Basic Member

[Intended Fix?] Morphling able to START using Morph ability under Chronosphere

THIS THREAD IS NO LONG ABOUT THE INTERACTION BETWEEN MORPH AND STUNS. ONLY CHRONOSPHERE.

I played a game yesterday against a Morphling who knew pretty well how to exploit the Morph ability. Long story short we were ganking him alot, but he managed to survive due to the ability to activate Morph INSIDE Chronosphere. Needless to say I was pretty frustrated with Morphling blatantly exploiting this, and I dare say it cost us the game.

Match ID: 24757496
    One of the many times Morphling activates Strength Morph to escape death in Chronosphere happens around 16:40. As you can see Morphling uses Waveform to farm the wave of creeps without fear of dying to Void.

I have already searched the forum for threads on this issue, but it turns out all of them are ignored or closed with the volunteer moderator and the thread-viewers misunderstanding what the OP meant.

One of the many threads ignored and misunderstood:
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=29985 (op was wrong about doom though)

I have recorded a video (pardon the low quality, I do not have the greatest graphic card) of how you can activate Morph under Chronosphere.

Please ignore the 2nd half of the video. I found out from an old changelog dated 29th July 2011 that Morph should work under stun (although it is rather ambiguous in meaning.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhqIGw8A7aY

Reproduction steps:
    1. Make sure Morph is turned off.
    2. Dive a Faceless Void with low hp and force him to use a Chronosphere
    3. Activate Morph.

Result:
    Morphling STARTS Morphing under the effects of Chronosphere and proceeds to laugh out loud at a "fail gank".

Expected result:
    Morphling should only be able to continue Morphing if he activates the ability before he gets disabled by any type of spell (hexes, Doom etc.), and activating Morph should not work under the Chronosphere.

Suggestion:
    Silence units in Chronosphere for the entire duration. If there is not a 'pause' ability available in the Dota 2 engine yet (like in Dota 1), at least put a silence to ensure further exploits.

Jokes aside, I think this is a rather serious (and frustrating) exploit/bug. I ask of the mods to not close this thread without attempting to reproduce the bug themselves first.

Edit: Deleted all mentions of interactions between stuns and Morph ability.
    Last edited by blash365; 07-08-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: edited title

Basic Member
    i am pretty sure it's just the normal behavior

Basic Member
    heavy edit:
    sorry, was not paying the right attention when closing this. op is in fact referring to a different bug, than i thought.

just keep this thread in mind, so that you dont make any mistakes, that were made in the past already.
    Last edited by blash365; 07-08-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I've seen this happen as well. Morphling begins morphing to Strength while stunned by Shackleshot.

Confirmed. Morphling can activate Morph while Chronosphered or stunned. However, he cannot activate it while silenced / hexed / Doomed.
    Last edited by DarkLite; 07-08-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Basic Member
    i finally found the link (it was like 5 clicks deep in the thread, i already linked).
    working as intended.
    gonna close after darklite has his chance to validate it with a wc3 dota test.
    to stop the arguments once and for all.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    gonna close after darklite has his chance to validate it with a wc3 dota test.
    to stop the arguments once and for all.
    I don't have WC3, was testing in Dota 2. Can someone else take a look at WC3?

Basic Member
    I reiterate this thread is not about Morphing in stuns, but Morphing in CHRONOSPHERE itself, where units are supposed to be paused. If the pause feature is not going to be implemented, I suggest a SILENCE feature for all units caught in the Chronosphere.

Chrono is often deemed a counter to Morphling as it can stop him from Morphing and hence Void can easily bring him down. I doubt this is intended, if Icefrog personally implemented a pause for ALLunits caught in Chronosphere. This needs to be "fixed", with a short term solution if not a long term one.

Please read carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by d3sp4ir View Post
    I reiterate this thread is not about Morphing in stuns, but Morphing in CHRONOSPHERE itself, where units are supposed to be paused. If the pause feature is not going to be implemented, I suggest a SILENCE feature for all units caught in the Chronosphere.

Chrono is often deemed a counter to Morphling as it can stop him from Morphing and hence Void can easily bring him down. I doubt this is intended, if Icefrog personally implemented a pause for ALLunits caught in Chronosphere. This needs to be "fixed", with a short term solution if not a long term one.

Please read carefully.
    Yeah, already confirmed that Morph can be enabled in Chronosphere. We don't know if that's the case in Dota 1 though, so we can't tell if it's a bug yet.

Basic Member
    will test in dota 1 later
    Last edited by Eric37073; 07-08-2012 at 09:14 AM.