Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Allow you to see how many people are spectating your game

Banned

Allow you to see how many people are spectating your game

Hello, I'm always curious how many people are spectating my game at any given moment (from 5 to 20), so I think it'd be useful to add in a feature in-game that allows the players in the game to know how many people are currently spectating it.

The current way is to pull up the 'Watch Games', find your game, but this is a bit laborious now that we have 5 pages of games going on.

Thoughts?

Basic Member
    I think it would be better if you could search for a name to spectate that game ex I want to see a game played by ASD. I serach ASD and then finds his game so I don't have to search through 5-10 pages.

Basic Member
    i like it. i too have always wondered how many people watched the games i was playing. would also be cool if you could see what settings they spent their time on (IE in free camera mode? or watching specific players point of view)

Basic Member
    I believe it has already been discussed, join your force to previous thread

Banned
    This suggestion is a duplicate of [SUGGESTION] Number of spectators

Basic Member
    I really don't understand why you would like to know how much viewers you have!! How egotastik is it? I mean... when I play I want to focus 100% on the game wether I have 1 or 25 viewers... and you should all do the same. Why is it soo important to know how popular you are? Seriously, some players really like themselves!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Konsume View Post
    Seriously, some players really like themselves!
    Why is that a problem?
    You also have your K/D/A stats in game. Why? Because you are so "egotastik"?
    Last edited by Typhox; 11-04-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konsume View Post
    I really don't understand why you would like to know how much viewers you have!! How egotastik is it? I mean... when I play I want to focus 100% on the game wether I have 1 or 25 viewers... and you should all do the same. Why is it soo important to know how popular you are? Seriously, some players really like themselves!
    I have never seen someone rape a word that hard.
    Back to topic: I think a lot of people will start trolling/trying to act "cool" when they see there are several people watching. I don't think this is a good idea.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eNTe_eXe View Post
    Back to topic: I think a lot of people will start trolling/trying to act "cool" when they see there are several people watching. I don't think this is a good idea.
    ?
    They see it anyway :O

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eNTe_eXe View Post
    I have never seen someone rape a word that hard.
    Sorry eNTe_eXe, my main isn't English. I used google and the word was listed and seemed fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Why is that a problem?
    You also have your K/D/A stats in game. Why? Because you are so "egotastik"?
    ?? I hope you're not serious... are you?

In case you were serious, K/D/A is NEEDED to know how farmed someone is! AKA: It adds skills to the game. Some ppl might argue that players will use that to say they're not n00bs and blah blah blah... but it's part of the game cause it's needed by the pro/high level players.

Now tell me... whats the benefit in having a viewer count in-game? Besides giving some god's complexe to some players? I really don't see ANY advantage to it, but I can easily list you many disadvantage like:

1. While you're watching this count, you're not focusing on the game and might lead to some useless deaths
    2. If you're already dead and watching at the count, you're not focusing on watching ennemies items, buying your next TP or just trying to warn players in case they didn't see the ennemy comming for them.
    3. If someone gets alot of viewer, they might start trolling and act stupid.
    4. IRL, their head might inflate till it literaly explode (<--- might be overexagerating on this one)
    5. etc.

Basicaly, my point is simple. When you're watching the viewer count, you're doing notting GOOD FOR THE GAME CURRENTLY BEING PLAYED. If you want to know the count, it should be implemented in the REPLAY thats it. So that way egotastik (sorry eNTe_eXe) players will be able to self-promote their epeen/m***urbate when it doesn't matter for every other players!
    Last edited by Konsume; 11-04-2011 at 10:46 AM.