Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Make People able to Subscribe to Each Other

Basic Member
    Great idea, but I guess there is potential negative effect on players streams.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dave View Post
    Excellent idea, I fully support this.
    In response to the previously posted statement that this will hurt streaming sites, consider that the Defense ingame also hurts streaming sites, but there are still huge numbers of people watching online rather than ingame because (a) you don't need dota 2 installed and (b) it's free.
    (c) A lot or at least some streams include commentary by the player and interaction with the viewers, which you wouldn't get with the proposed system. (This ofcourse does not apply to the tournament passes.)

Basic Member
    I agree with this, as long as the players who allow themselves to be stalked can turn the option off at any time they want.

+1, good for spectating pleasure and good for eSports

Basic Member
    Great idea.

I support this x 1000

Basic Member
    one of the best suggestions I've seen. totally agree! please implement this Valve!

Basic Member
    This notion has basics for a coaching system in DotA2. I know that at least 2 streamers talk a lot about their moves in game, about their item choices, about heroes in general. So, you get Tournament pass kinda thing, when u get player perspective with audio feed, and then u subscribe to that player and u can watch his games, download his replays, or participate in "coaching sessions". Of course player could be given an option to go "offline" if he wants to play under the radar, or go online when he wants to "give lessons". Of course, this should be a paid service - Valve gets a piece for being awesome, and it adds another revenue stream for pro players too. I realize that this isn't much different then just plain streaming, but I'm sure Valve can brain storm this and make it even better then proposed here.

Basic Member
    +1 getting my votes in

Basic Member
    +1 great idea