Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Visual] Destroyed Clockwerk's power cogs still able to shock

[Visual] Destroyed Clockwerk's power cogs still able to shock

1. Clock uses power cogs and traps a hero with himself inside of them;
    2. Clock breaks the wall and walks out; trapped hero follow him outside of cogs;
    3. Lifetime of cogs is finished and they are removed. AT REMOVAL they have a chance of effecting a hero who wasn't even close to them. This happens because "removal" of cogs is programmed via transfering them outside of the map and they are actually "moving", throught very rapidly, but still somehow they manage to interact while they are on the move. Or because destroyed(by clockwerk) cog is recreated and hits me at this very moment.

How it should work: they shouldn't be able to do any more knockbacks after the duration is over. The destroyed Cog shouldn't be recreated.

Happened 2 times out of 2 to me recently.
    GameID 25128443 15:40 16:55

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/tAybm,hX2ZN,iX2id,d...TH,hBR5G,42eXV

Giving a firstblood on a "farming" line because of that simple bug pretty much ruined the game.
    Last edited by soprof; 07-09-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: new version )

Basic Member
    You're wrong actually.

What happened, both times, was that:
    Cog trapped you inside.
    He open a hole.
    You follow him OUT.
    Meaning you're now outside of the cog and so the other cog nearby sap you.
    Then they just happen to die during that knockback time.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    You're wrong actually.

What happened, both times, was that:
    Cog trapped you inside.
    He open a hole.
    You follow him OUT.
    Meaning you're now outside of the cog and so the other cog nearby sap you.
    Then they just happen to die during that knockback time.
    You're totally wrong, you better watch the replay before doing any more statements.

I did follow him out, but i couldn't be touched by other cog because i didn't make move in that way. What is ever more important, if you watch the replay you easily notice that i got knockbacked after the cogs are timed out.

Pretty inimical to tell me that I'm wrong when I am actually not.

Hmm, i think i understood another way it could happen.

Before being removed the destroyed cog is recreated(in order to be removed) and hits me at that moment.

Perfectly correlates with the events and even explains why i get knockbacked that way. Yes, that must be the right explanation.

Basic Member
    you don't get hit by the cogs knockback effect while inside, so you are affected right when you step out. Their AOE is large enough to hit you even if you attempt to stay in the middle.

No, I perfectly understand what you're talking about - it's not the case. I watched replay VERY slowly and i never got knockbacked by any "real" cog.

edit: God, guys, don't make me write a video where it can be easily seen that i get knockbacked after they dissappear.
    Last edited by soprof; 07-09-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Basic Member
    From the first time (dota2://matchid=25128443&matchtime=934), here is a screencap of what I saw. The cogs had just faded. The particle effects from the cogs are still visible, as is the particle effect which appeared at the beginning of the push. This distance between panda and the cogs does not seem to be very large.

Untitled.png

Basic Member
    ok, i checked the replay and there is in fact a glitch.
    but this doesnt change, what happened there.
    you went out of the center of the cogs and got a shock.
    after the shock triggered the cogs were removed because they expired.
    the shock graphical effect was drawn on the screen after the cogs expired.
    since it is drawn from the position of your hero and the position of the cogs (which didnt exist anymore), the position of the cogs was defaulted into the lower right corner of the map (which i guess has the coordinates 0,0). (actually the coordinates are initialized to be 0,0 and dont get changed to the coordinates of the cogs, if those are invalid)
    it's simply odd timing, that causes a graphical glitch. but nothing, that has any impact on the gameplay.

added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I don't think the issue has anything to do with life expectency of cogs, it happens regardless. The issue is, if you destroy a cog, then an enemy walk out of the cog right in the middle, they still get hit by the corner cogs on the way out. In dota1, if you're careful how you walk out, you can walk without getting hit. The radius/angle on the cogs seems to be bigger in dota2. I tested a few times and I couldn't walk out of the cogs without getting pushed, even if they didn't despawn. So does seem like there's a difference compared to dota1(I tested in dota1 and while the always attacking made it more annoying, I managed to run out fine).

Can anyone manage to get out of cogs without getting pushed on practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    I don't think the issue has anything to do with life expectency of cogs, it happens regardless. The issue is, if you destroy a cog, then an enemy walk out of the cog right in the middle, they still get hit by the corner cogs on the way out. In dota1, if you're careful how you walk out, you can walk without getting hit. The radius/angle on the cogs seems to be bigger in dota2. I tested a few times and I couldn't walk out of the cogs without getting pushed, even if they didn't despawn. So does seem like there's a difference compared to dota1(I tested in dota1 and while the always attacking made it more annoying, I managed to run out fine).

Can anyone manage to get out of cogs without getting pushed on practice?
    It doesn't depend on how you walk out in DotA - it depends on how the cogs spawn. Cogs in WC3 didn't spawn uniformly the same way every time, so sometimes one side of the cogs would be further/closer than normal, which could leave enough of a gap for you to edge out of a corner without getting shocked. This strikes me as an intended fix in Dota2 since the reason it happened in DotA was a quirk of WC3's collision.