Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Bottle Customization

Basic Member

Lightbulb The Bottle Customization

Dear Developers and Players,

I am an avid Dota 2 fan and even though my number of games played may not suggest so, I prefer to mainly spectate pro players as my computer cannot handle Dota 2 quite well.

After spectating many mid solo players, I have noticed one thing ; Bottling courier.

I think that the icon for the empty bottle on the ground should be changed to..well, an empty bottle. Also, why does it tilt in the air? It would look much better as a bottle standing on the ground, if you understand what I mean.

Secondly, I think it would make it much better for players if a Bottle Re-fill option was added onto the courier. Some of you think this may not be necessary but I think it would just make the game-play so much better. You're soloing mid or top or bot , out of hp or mana, and in a simple click of the courier, it comes to you, collects your bottle, and returns it to you - provided no other command is issued to it during the process.

It would at least remove the unnecessary misclicks.

You may say it may make the game too easy - I disagree Dota has to be one of the most skill dependent games out there with a never ending learning curve. What would a small tweak to make the game more 'smooth' if you will do? I think little to none.

What do you think?

Thanks once again for reading.

Soni

tl;dr = Add a auto refill from fountain function to bottle.

P.S. If this is in a wrong forum, please kindly move it to a more appropriate one. Thanks very much.

The first point is probably better off in the Item Effects section. The second point is better off in the misc section. Moving this.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    It's easy to bind this to a hotkey and put in the autoexec.

1. Courier - Delivery all items to stash
    2. Courier - Withdraw all items
    3. Courier - Deliver items.

Basic Member
    Thanks for moving it to the correct forum, Hefaistus.

Quote Originally Posted by onesquared View Post
    It's easy to bind this to a hotkey and put in the autoexec.

1. Courier - Delivery all items to stash
    2. Courier - Withdraw all items
    3. Courier - Deliver items.
    Wouldn't this take all the items in the inventory to the stash? I'm more wanting to have simply the bottle item delivered to the fountain and back. Is this anyway possible at the moment?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonitinder View Post
    Thanks for moving it to the correct forum, Hefaistus.

Wouldn't this take all the items in the inventory to the stash? I'm more wanting to have simply the bottle item delivered to the fountain and back. Is this anyway possible at the moment?
    No. It takes all the items on the courier and puts them in the respective player's stash. Next it withdraws any/all items from your stash (refilled bottle) and then delivers the items on the courier to you.

Basic Member
    Wouldn't that mean having to do what we currently do now - first move bottle from inventory onto courier - often leading to the bottle being dropped on the ground?

+1 i like this suggestion simply moving it from your inventory to your couriers and back doesnt require skill so saying this suggestion will dumb the game down is ridiculous it just takes something that can be tedious makes it more streamlined

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooslin View Post
    +1 i like this suggestion simply moving it from your inventory to your couriers and back doesnt require skill so saying this suggestion will dumb the game down is ridiculous it just takes something that can be tedious makes it more streamlined
    Thanks for your reply. I agree completely, it just makes the process easier!

Basic Member
    Is there no one else who is as irritated with the numerous misclicks that occurs when bottle refilling as I am?

Basic Member
    And then people will hog the courier all to themselves just for bottle-couriering