Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Disconnected Pudge can interact inside disconnected Void chonosphere

Basic Member

[Fixed] Disconnected Pudge can interact inside disconnected Void chonosphere

Summary:
    Pudge can interact normally inside chronosphere.

Repro:
    Get Void ult, get Pudge, get them to disconnect.
    Put chronosphere, run inside with Pudge.

Result:
    Pudge can run, attack, use skills.

Expected:
    Stop at the edge of chronosphere.

Match #25311616.
    I think it related to the disconnected state because it "doesn't freeze units owned by Faceless Void". So it wont be just Pudge, but every disconnected hero as well.

Basic Member
    please provide a timestamp next time.
    cant reproduce and replay unavailable atm.
    Last edited by blash365; 07-10-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I'll reproduce it tomorrow. Sorry for not providing video of that.

Basic Member
    Yes! It a bug. Disconected pudge can walk & use skills in chronosphere.

Basic Member
    I'm not totally sure, But I think it's how chronosphere and disconnected player are considered. In dota, if you play -test -noherolimit (thus allowing you to play several heroes) if for example you take both void and sniper, cast chronosphere, sniper will also be able to run throught the chronosphere.
    In addition, this bug might be linked to the lycan disconnected bug, where a disconnected lycan would buff all other disconnected heroes with his ult.

So imo, chronosphere pause everything but heroes controled by the caster and there's some kind of "6th player" who share heroes/unit to all other player and to which the control of heroes are transfered when som1 disc.
    Last edited by miambox; 07-11-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Basic Member
    If I rember right this is an old bug with chronosphere and disconnected players. They are treated as controlled by the same person or something like that. Might be related to the rune buff bug with disconnected players?

Basic Member
    i also think this is an old bug and that chronosphere does not interact with any disconnected players

Basic Member
    I think it's totaly same as http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=34634
    Also +1 to miambox.

Although, I coundn't find via search any "disconnected", "chronosphere" related bug, so obviosly I created a new one.

Just waiting for 2 my friends to check this out, check out Lycan stuff and record video.

Basic Member
    Think that's the common issue where disconnected players are all on the same team(including the creeps) which is why for example lycan ulti speeds up creeps too and void chrono doesn't prevent other DC to move because they're considered "summons" or something. Should be fixed eventually.

Basic Member
    It probably comes down to the same issue as the Lycan thing yes, though I find it rather weird as Chronosphere should simply freeze everyone except for the caster, so I don't get why instead of only the caster it's set to 'all hero units controlled by the caster' (which bugs out when players DC and are put as the same 'player')