Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Animation] Refraction not subtle enough

Basic Member
    +1 but if its changed make dazzles shallow grave less noticeable too. In dota 1 it was easy to miss in big team fight. Although someone not dying is a big clue too...

In DotA 1, Lanaya had a flashy animation on dota1. It was a red lightning flash that covered pretty much her whole body, but it was a 1 sec or less animation.

I wanted to open this exact topic.

This is a huge NERF for Lanaya.. in Dota 1 you only get a slight glow / effect once u cast the ability, nothing more this is why Lanaya is QUEEN of MIND-GAMES, man o man now u have the huge Sphere that even the most noob and blind player will notice.. no more the "I have to click to check if the effect is on her..." this is a big deal guys.

This thing is bigger then PA 'blur' topic.

TA took a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    In DotA 1, Lanaya had a flashy animation on dota1. It was a red lightning flash that covered pretty much her whole body, but it was a 1 sec or less animation.
    Well yes, but it was only when you cast it, not a large red sphere around for the duration of the damage block instances

Basic Member
    Same thing happened to Dazzle's shallow grave

Basic Member
    +1, a lot of gameplay with TA is based on your opponent not knowing if your refraction is still up and thus hesitating to use skills. I believe the effect should at least be much subtler, if not ally-only.

Basic Member
    Agreed, you want it that Lina or Lion casts your ultimate on you without knowing the fact Refraction is on.

Basic Member
    So ridiculous request, animation is so cool, and you want to remove it....Expecting to play vs braindead idiots that don't know the spells

Basic Member
    Oh my god.

How could any of you fools disagree with him? You guys all Bnet/Garena noobs?

The visual indicator for her shield is a BIG NERF to her game play. What idiot would waste nukes on her now?

"But only noobs don't click on her status"

Idiots. Even moving your mouse cursor on her and clicking to check the status of her shield is a big process during heat of the team battle where every split second counts. Now she has this 'HELLO I HAVE A SHIELD ON NOW' tell-tale from get go.

Even animation on proc is a nerf.
    Last edited by acf3passion; 07-11-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Basic Member
    or make it that only allies can see it