Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "Triggered Heals" not disabling blink?

Basic Member
    dota2wiki is not official. info on it is not 100% accurate. should still add this to the bug list and ask devs to clarify it

Basic Member
    I hope this won't be changed... I appreciate that little buff for the favourite hero of mine!

as far as i know all the damage blocked by triggered heals still breaks your items in dota 1. it's not impossible to change that, though.

Basic Member
    This is intended apparently. It was not like that on WC3, but I guess they decided it's better this way.

It's intuitive tho; if blink was disabled, the dagger would be kinda weird to describe. Not disabling when no damage is taken is what the mechanic is supposed to be.

Merged threads, moved to Brainstorming.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    She is now undefeatable really ..
    and it is already in CM mode
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sosseres View Post
    When was it you couldn't blink after taking dmg in DotA (ie, which version did they remove it?)? The only reason Lanaya was picked was due to the fact that she could still blink as long as refraction was up.
    How about you install Dota 1 and pick Lanaya before posting?
    The _only_way_ to blink with dagger and escape surrounding enemies in Dota 1 - is to use meld, wait for cd on dagger(if it is on cd) and then tp. Basic.
    It can't and shouldn't be an intended fix in any way - Lanaya is already OP with all her abilities and you want to give her a guaranteed escape?? When Lanaya is escaping, player should put traps behind himself to slow enemies - and not use refraction just waiting for dagger CD.

They've said that mechanics changes will be fixes for WC3 limitations. Which is why Rubick can steal transformation and hotkey conflict spells - it's something that was always intended to be doable, but wasn't practical to implement in WC3. The fact that they fixed bugs with blocked damage putting Blink Dagger on cooldown suggests to me that IceFrog had always intended to make it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    dota2wiki is not official. info on it is not 100% accurate. should still add this to the bug list and ask devs to clarify it
    The info on that page is accurate, but whether it is intended or not is another story. I assumed it was or I would have removed it from the wiki. They clearly know about it, and it hasn't been changed, so maybe they want to see if she is balanced this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloroth View Post
    Well, from yesterdays test client patch notes:

"- Fixed completely-avoided damage from triggering blink dagger's cooldown."

I can confirm that when Void Backtrack's, it does not trigger dagger in the test client, but it does in the main client. So that must be intended, I'm guessing the same is true for Refraction (WR focus fire doesn't matter since it deals some damage anyways).
    It seems that everybody ignored your post. Thank you for testing. Valve made the whole damage concept more consistent imo