Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Triggered Heals" not disabling blink?

Basic Member

"Triggered Heals" not disabling blink?

I didn't find any topic on this so,

On Dota1, several spells that blocked damage - such as Pipe of Insight, Backtrack and Refraction - would not "protect" your blink dagger, as in, if damage is blocked while under these effects, dagger is still disabled.

On Dota2 however, if a damage is blocked by these, dagger won't be disabled.

This feels really, really huge. Pipe is suddenly MUCH more powerful, and Lanaya is an incredible blink user with this. My point is: which of these is correct?

I really would like a clarification especially from a developer; Is this intended?

Basic Member
    pipe is no triggered heal, pipe is a barrier.
    triggered heal is backtrack from void or focus fire from wr.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    really, really huge? dont think so
    btw i remember focus fire with scepter is not triggered heal

Basic Member
    might be wrong but i think i saw some1 post that it was an intended fix which would make sense since some reduction/blocks was impossible in old engine

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    really, really huge? dont think so
    btw i remember focus fire with scepter is not triggered heal
    y its was based of defend (or whatever it was called the thing the footmen? had in wc3)
    Last edited by stdmtc; 07-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Well, from yesterdays test client patch notes:
    - Fixed completely-avoided damage from triggering blink dagger's cooldown.
    I can confirm that when Void Backtrack's, it does not trigger dagger in the test client, but it does in the main client. So that must be intended, I'm guessing the same is true for Refraction (WR focus fire doesn't matter since it deals some damage anyways).

[Intended?] TA doesn't get her blink disabled

Summary:
    If you use Refraction and then get hit by enemy, Blink Dagger doesn't get disabled.

This is VERY abusable and makes her almost impossible to gank: even if you can counter meld, she can still just blink away unless you have one of the few heroes that can melt her Refraction fast enough. At some point in the game she will have manapool to support Refraction perma activated so it's a no brainer to always blink away when you get ganked.

Back in Dota1, Blink Dagger would get disabled even if Refraction blocked all the damage. This hero is already a top SEA pick, she doesn't need this HUGE buff...

Repro:
    1 - Buy Blink on TA
    2 - Use Refraction
    3 - Have enemy hero hit TA
    4 - Blink away like nothing happened

Result:
    TA Blinks away ?

Expected result:
    Blink Dagger goes on cooldown

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

It was brought up in the Critical Bugs section, and as far as I can see it's (at least currently) intended, and might belong as a balance suggestion?

Reasoning (I am not taking sides, I'm providing reasoning why this is a difference):
    She blocks damage as opposed to refraction actually healing it back like DotA 1. Blink being only brought on cooldown by damage, it isn't disabled.

Looks like net needed for now
    Last edited by iliveoncaffiene; 07-12-2012 at 06:13 PM.

IMO this is just as bad as the thing with the old Puck with Autocast Phase Shift where you could be a complete noob but phase against spells you aren't supposed to and then blink away without actually needing to think or react.

Except that in this case, it's a direct buff against everything thrown at her, not just some specific spells

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

Basic Member
    lol if this is intended we will see imba retarded escapes with blink like in 6.48b era

Basic Member
    it had been reported in critical bugs, and it was not "fixed" in Update 3, so possibly it is intended.
    need confirmation though