Thread: We need LOW skill level like before.

Banned

Exclamation We need LOW skill level like before.

Let me start off by saying: I have not lost so many games in a row since i started playing Dota 2, that i have no after the latest change in the MMR system.

I'm currently on 10games lost in a row, and even left one cause it's really unbearable.

The difference is HUGE now that we're all basically playing in the same "league". The Skill difference, and knowledge difference from LOW and MEDIUM IS HUGE.

I've never played with so many bad players as i have after the change.

So this thread is a official call out for another Skill level.

I'm not joining the MMR queue to teach new players/semi new players and even players with 500games played like me. If you're at 500 games, you should very well know the difference between supporting/carrying/initiating and all those things. As well as being able to skill the hero, and buy the correct items. At least that's what i think, 500 games is a lot of games.

I'd add a Poll, but I've got no idea how to do that.

i would like two more below medium +1

Basic Member
    there is a low skill level, it is just not hooked up in the gui yet.
    in fact there are:
    very low, low, medium, high, very high

closed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Valve Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    there is a low skill level, it is just not hooked up in the gui yet.
    in fact there are:
    very low, low, medium, high, very high

closed.
    As far as Matchmaking is concerned none of those buckets exist - We match on a continuous scale.

The labels that we use to sort replays are independent of matchmaking and were intended for players who want to find a high level game with a hero they want to learn.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTams View Post
    As far as Matchmaking is concerned none of those buckets exist - We match on a continuous scale.

The labels that we use to sort replays are independent of matchmaking and were intended for players who want to find a high level game with a hero they want to learn.
    So what skill levels do exist now? Just to clearify.

And CLEARLY there's a skill level missing. I have not had this many bad games before the change, as i have since the recent MMR change.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkburk92 View Post
    I have not had this many bad games before the change, as i have since the recent MMR change.
    this. glad im not the only one experiencing this.

Basic Member
    as he said, there is a continous scale, which means, that in theory everybody can be matched with everybody based on their ratings. if the ratings are far enough apart from each other, this will be less likely though.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Banned
    My god that's horrible, no wonder sometime i just want to kill the family of the guy i got mmd with

Basic Member

And CLEARLY there's a skill level missing. I have not had this many bad games before the change, as i have since the recent MMR change.
    If their using that standard computer 16 bit value there would be 4,294,967,296 possible skill levels.

Valve Developer
    It's a little more complicated then this but the easiest way to think about it is as a percentile rank so 100 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    as he said, there is a continous scale, which means, that in theory everybody can be matched with everybody based on their ratings. if the ratings are far enough apart from each other, this will be less likely though.
    There is a maximum range that we match to that decreases based on your party size. This is why when you have a stack of 5 you end up taking longer to match since we can only match you to a few percent of the population.