Thread: [SUGGESTION] Random Que for the Gamers

[SUGGESTION] Random Que for the Gamers

MM currently for me is intense and its hard to lay back and relax while playing. It feels like MM is restrictive to playing with certain heroes, item builds, and play styles. This is great from a competitive perspective facing other players at one's own skill level -- but sometimes after a hard days work it would be nice to just have fun and mess around in a easygoing casual random dota match.

Random Que ~ It would not have MMR. It would place random players of any skill level randomly together. There would be no excessive leaver penalties, however, leavers would not be candidates for the items at the end of the game.

This would function a lot like how dota was first introduced to the community (like public dota games on battlenet within warcraft 3).

This would
    -- Give newer players an opportunity to play against much higher level players so that they can improve at a faster rate.
    -- Offer a better casual field of play for higher level players
    -- Make games more interesting and "random" in general ( it could have a really intense or chillaxed atmosphere)

P.S. Please give us OMG mode with Ability Draft!! xD

Also please dont abandon the competitive solo quers(we are people to)!! Adding a competitive solo que ladder with ranks, leagues, etc would be awesome!

I have already suggested a ''fun only'' queue where people can lay back, random all heroes and make a 5 carry team if they want, that sorta thing. Let's just hope Valve implements it. Your idea wouldn't work because there needs to be a skill balance between the players playing, else the game simply won't be fun, no one likes stomping or being stomped. Also, not punishing leavers is unnaceptable regardless of game/queue mode because it simply ruins games.

Basic Member
    I can tell you that being killing every 60 seconds by a high level player isn't going to help new players learn how to play at all. The best way to learn is by playing against people around your own skill level.

And I can tell you being killed every 60 seconds isn't fun.

The "casual modes" such as OMG mode or death match mode will likely come once mod tools become available. I highly doubt Valve will spend any time trying to implement those modes themselves.

The thing is this worked great for dota on Bnet and It was really fun. With that said I dont see why it wouldnt work in Dota 2 also.

If you do "get stomped every 60 seconds" in this mode and you dont like it then you still have other que choices. You can still choose to be matched using the normal que or you can simply leave the game and join another that you find more fun.

All in all this would just add more choices for everyone making queing less restrictive and potentially much more fun

Also yea leavers ruin games (and i almost never leave games myself) but having that option can take alot of the stress out of queing itself and like if the score 10 minutes in is 20-0 the game is clearly over anyways.
    Last edited by Yoga|lostsage; 07-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga|lostsage View Post
    MM currently for me is intense and its hard to lay back and relax while playing. It feels like MM is restrictive to playing with certain heroes, item builds, and play styles. This is great from a competitive perspective facing other players at one's own skill level -- but sometimes after a hard days work it would be nice to just have fun and mess around in a easygoing casual random dota match.

Random Que ~ It would not have MMR. It would place random players of any skill level randomly together. There would be no excessive leaver penalties, however, leavers would not be candidates for the items at the end of the game.

This would function a lot like how dota was first introduced to the community (like public dota games on battlenet within warcraft 3).

This would
    -- Give newer players an opportunity to play against much higher level players so that they can improve at a faster rate.
    -- Offer a better casual field of play for higher level players
    -- Make games more interesting and "random" in general ( it could have a really intense or chillaxed atmosphere)

P.S. Please give us OMG mode with Ability Draft!! xD

Also please dont abandon the competitive solo quers(we are people to)!! Adding a competitive solo que ladder with ranks, leagues, etc would be awesome!
    Why don't you just try and have fun when you play pick a fun hero do your best to help your team win. Why so serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by Albain View Post
    Why don't you just try and have fun when you play pick a fun hero do your best to help your team win. Why so serious ?
    dota is serious business -.-

Unless its a pub (random que non-mmr) game xD
    Last edited by Yoga|lostsage; 07-12-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Basic Member
    How about a practice game pool? Where people play 5v5 and no stats are recorded. Honestly I'd have more fun playing this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100kV View Post
    How about a practice game pool? Where people play 5v5 and no stats are recorded. Honestly I'd have more fun playing this.
    Well yea, "practice que" or "random que" or whatever ppl want to call it without the MMR system, ranking, or seriousness of the normal que. Or really just a system in place where one can find "pub" games easily where its more layed back.

iŽd like that aswell. or just bring back the public lobby games. But I guess something like that is already planed. Valve just has different priorities as of now. For example bring as many heroes as possible before TI2, improve MM-Algorithm etc.