Thread: [Suggestion] It's time Valve implement a feature on learning the game.

Basic Member

Lightbulb [Suggestion] It's time Valve implement a feature on learning the game.

Tired of new players in a matchmaking game without a bit of knowledge of the basics? Me too. I believe it's about time Valve implement a feature under the play tab named "learn the game" or something relative to that. The game is well furnished, excluding some heroes and bugs, but do you think it's time they add such a needed feature for newer players?

Ex. Couriers, Roshan, Jungle, Laning phase, Soloing, the Heroes and more importantly, the Items.

There is a create a game option to take the time to learn this. Well, my answer is new players do not know wtf is going on in certain instances, which concludes the need of an introduction to the game. Overall, most games have an introduction and I believe DOTA2 deserves one also.
    Last edited by Uhhrandall; 07-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.

I think Valve are working slowly towards it, but right now their main priority is the International 2012 and getting all the Heroes and whatnots ready by then.

They will most likely have the Learning features/teaching up shortly after the International, assuming of course that Open Beta goes live shortly after the International, (capitalizing on the interest generated by the International)

Basic Member
    Have you tried pointing new players to the same resources you learned from?

Basic Member
    Definatly need this. I am surprised something basic atleast isnt in yet. I am wary of introducing players to the game because they will just rage and say the game is shit, not knowing anything about the game

Banned
    I hope they first complete the game engine before they implement this...

Quote Originally Posted by NonToxic View Post
    Most people just ignore any advice you give them...

What exactly happened that this problem got so critical?
    I would understand if game suddenly went out of beta and there was a big flow of new players, but nothing major like that seemed to happen.
    Anyway, while this definetely needs to be done, if you ask me, I'd prefer if Valve worked on other stuff, like improving matchmaking. If someone truly wants to learn, he will watch/read guides or play with bots(if they don't want to learn - no system will really help).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NonToxic View Post
    Yeah. I tell them to play 1000 games of DotA, preferably with better friends who can teach them. No friends with more skill? Too bad.

The only way to learn dota is from reading guides, and the bitter tears of many defeats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tortoos View Post
    The only way to learn dota is from reading guides, and the bitter tears of many defeats.
    Somebody who actually wants to improve doesn't have these "bitter tears of many defeats". The only problem he has with defeats are his team mates who gonna flame him and are pretty much trying everything to make him stop playing.