Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sithilís Summer Stash Items no Strange Modifier?

Basic Member
    I got the pudge hook. Strange modifier plz =(.

Bumping thread for clarification. Not making these items strange would only make sense if they never make it to the shop later. Or will cost a ridiculously high price there, which I don't think will happen. I can't imagine them keeping something as awesome as Tiny's ice skin exclusive to this chest forever (especially given that the chests will all be gone soon), so it looks highly likely that the items will soon pop up in the shop. Where you will be able to actually choose them and buy them for the same (or less) cost as the summer key.

So what's the point? There is, of course, a chance that you will get a strange courier, but that doesn't happen too often.

Basic Member
    bump

you surely want my money, valve, don't you?

well, new patch and 0 words about items =/

Basic Member
    Bump. I'm interested in knowing if the PA and Drow weapons will make it to the store. The tags on crate items in general are pretty ambiguous. Should I trust the "Rare" and "Uncommon" tags on these items?
    Last edited by Radio; 07-19-2012 at 07:22 AM.

Basic Member
    I'd also like to get some clarification also before I buy 6+ keys to open my chests.

Basic Member
    Went all-in on Summer Chests as I'm paranoid, and I now have all 5 items from it I liked.

But if they get added to the shop without the originals becoming strange/vintage/etc, I'm never opening a chest again.

Basic Member
    i dont think they will be added to shop later otherwise theres no incentive go open chest anymore. I got the PA's weapon, it actually has particle effect on it, looks wicked. but got 2 Hammer of holywords.

Basic Member
    I've opened 3 summer chest so far, and just received another that I will probably open. All the items are really good anyway so it's worth it, but having them without modifiers sucks.

Basic Member
    Wanted to point out something I noticed on the tags. The strange items are labeled "Strange" obviously. Store bought and items dropped in game are labeled "Standard". However, the items from the summer chest are labeled "Base". Not sure what this implies but maybe once the items come out in store, which IMO is highly likely because who doesn't want the tiny skin or pudge hook, the ones gotten from the chest's will be changed to remain unique.