Thread: Is the non-unusual Defense War Dog coming?

Basic Member

Is the non-unusual Defense War Dog coming?

Seeing as how it wasn't given in the Defense chest, is the Defense-themed War Dog a gift to those who buy a ticket before The Defense ends?

Considering I've already missed out on the chest, it seems too risky to buy in now that they might end up never given (or only again to the early adopters). But it would also suck to miss out twice. Would be great to get official confirmation of promotional items instead of a too late notice, I shouldn't feel the need to buy every ticket in the shop for fear of missing out on the next unwarned promo.

Basic Member
    you buy the tickets to support the league and casters and valve, not to get couriers.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flm View Post
    you buy the tickets to support the league and casters and valve, not to get couriers.
    I support Valve by purchasing cosmetics, and I support casters by watching their ads. I'd gladly purchase a league pass to support the league if I had an answer to that question.

Basic Member
    Say what you want about supporting who ever. If you think you are going to get a courier and instead you get a uncommon item in a chest that drops in every day loot, it's pretty disappointing

I agree with Guinea. I thought I'd get a courier even if it wasn't unusual and to get a double of an item i already had was really a somber experience.

Basic Member
    Well in all fairness, this was based on the file extractions and should never have been expected. I just want to know if those are planned to come out, an advance warning rather than a 'too late!' rug from under our feet for the second time, especially for buying in late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdstick View Post
    Well in all fairness, this was based on the file extractions and should never have been expected. I just want to know if those are planned to come out, an advance warning rather than a 'too late!' rug from under our feet for the second time, especially for buying in late.
    I think that is kind of the point. You're not supposed to be buying the tickets to get the courier, but for the sake of the tournament. The chest was basically just a thank you from Valve for supporting them and helping them develope their new system. Otherwise they would have advertised it with these kind of alluring prizes, but they chose not to. This is also why I feel kind of dissapointed in the chest. Would be nice to get something cool when you least expected it, instead of buying "X" to get something cool. I hope this made sense, I'm really tired at the moment.
    I COULD be wrong, but I seriously doubt it!