Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disable skillshot dependant heroes for high ping people

This is in the wrong section. I'll be moving it to the Misc section, although I doubt you'll be finding much support either way.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    there is a reason, why they are called "skill shots" and not "lowping shots".
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrat3nsei View Post
    How about they don't pick these heroes if they're lagging, what kinda suggestion is this lol. You came from Em dota or LoL probably
    Yes, because average humans are smart enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    there is a reason, why they are called "skill shots" and not "lowping shots".
    Your argument is just plain retarded. They are called ss because you need skill to land it, and your skill is enhanced by lower ping.

Basic Member
    No, restrict heroes ideas are always retarded, people please stop doing it.

Basic Member

Banned
    restriction is a bad idea, thought telling the person that he has high ping before the game start is a good thing , not everyone knows how to open console

Restricting heroes is ridiculous. If a player`s ping is huge there is a chance that he will fail even with Zeuses ulti - timing is important for every skill in Dota. In case of skillshots it`s just more crucial.

Instead, what about popping a window informing a player that with his over-9000 ping in the particular region both his and his teammates` game experience will be hugely affected? I would even suggest blocking entrance for players with ping over a certain amount, but maybe that`s too drastic.

Basic Member
    i think the consensus is pretty clear. i am also quite certain, that valve is pretty clear on whether they will limit picks or not.

closed.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage