Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Disable skillshot dependant heroes for high ping people

Basic Member

Disable skillshot dependant heroes for high ping people

So, I started early, and ofc some Asian guy comes to Eu server cause he doesnt like waiting. Ofc he picks pudge. He missed practically every time, the only time he hooked is when he was trying to save his teammate but was 2-4 seconds late so he accidentally hooked an enemy.

I mean, cmon, you cant play dota with 300+ ping. Either disable only skillshot heroes, or disable matchmaking on 200+ ping servers. If somebody wants a clan war with these laggers, fine, but they should not play in matchmaking.
    Last edited by Viperus; 07-12-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Basic Member
    Stop the prejudice, and this is a(no offense towards you) a dumb idea.

Basic Member
    How is having 300+ ping, unabling to hook, and runing the game as mid hero prejudice?

Only high skill people can play with such ping sucessfully (not versus their equals), and they all hate it due to huge hero delay.

Try playing a practice match on Chineese server before you bullshit about prejudice. Youll see what 300 ping does.
    Last edited by Viperus; 07-13-2012 at 12:15 AM.

My friend IS in china infact, and he played with me today on the us servers. With ironically, about 300 ping. It's not impossible, but you do need to compensate quite a bit. That being said, you can't just disable heroes because the person is having a bad connection. I understand where you're coming from, but it's just not a thing that's going to happen, ever.

Really stupid idea if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Really if you're going to disable these heroes for high ping players, why not restrict them to veterans only? After all, noobs shouldn't be playing these heroes anyway!

You see the flawed logic here? This is just not a reasonable idea.

Again a pro-elitist suggestion, on the same line of with classics as "n00b players must be limited to play support heroes [so they can't screw my game]", "n00b players must first play 9999 matches against bots [so they get tired and leave]" and the like.

Any player, no matter their skill level, nationality, latency or whatever, can play any hero he she wants as long as it's available and allowed by the chosen game rules. If Pudge was available in that game, then that player has the right to select him. There are a lot of games being played with 3 carries per team, and people doesn't complain that much.

Basic Member
    One word: no.

Basic Member
    Ridiculous suggestion.

Not to mention wrong section.

How about they don't pick these heroes if they're lagging, what kinda suggestion is this lol. You came from Em dota or LoL probably