Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auto decline bot

Auto decline bot

I don't know how many of you are aware but there is a page going around that makes demands on change to common complaints, such as forfeit, but goes as far as providing an auto-decline bot to help make a statement about the 9/10 issue. Recently i've noticed an increase of 9/10ing and can safely assume the bot plays a role. How does the Dota 2 team plan to address this nuisance?
    Last edited by windows; 07-13-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Valve needs to add an automatic temporary ban from MATCHMAKING for people that decline 2 games in a row

i don't really see any logical reason for any human to decline a game just when the game is about to start. I mean, c'mon guys.. don't tell me that you're a solo queuer and your friends just happened to invite to party with you with such impeccable timing.

Quote Originally Posted by iceinaglass View Post
    i don't really see any logical reason for any human to decline a game just when the game is about to start. I mean, c'mon guys.. don't tell me that you're a solo queuer and your friends just happened to invite to party with you with such impeccable timing.
    Well it could happen once, but to have it happen 2-3+ times in a small time frame is highly unlikely

So basically people who keep the script on and goes afk. The script auto searches match and declines when found...?

Basic Member
    it could happen some times, like you start looking for a match, and you go to the toilet for like 30 seconds. And in the meantime the game asks you if you are ready, and it declines automatically. But if you do this like 3 times in a row, than that should be punishable.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    So basically people who keep the script on and goes afk. The script auto searches match and declines when found...?
    I won't link the original because it's written like a true propaganda piece, but here is how it is supposed to work.

According to the creator, the only way to get Valve to fix the problem of 9/10 queue declining is to artificially inflate the problem to such proportions that they have no choice but to put in some sort of punishment for declining. Therefore they have (apparently) created a scripted program that will queue/decline ad infinitum while you are AFK from your machine. According to the page it is set to autodecline after 9 seconds when the box appears. I can't confirm, this is only based on the advertising of the creator.

There is nothing special about such a macro, any provided .exe in that reddit thread is most likely intended to spread some malicious code around and you should avoid downloading it. Theoretically with autoit you would simply need 1 line of code to pixelcheck if the "You did not accept in time, want to re-queue?" is showing, in which case you simulate a key press on the "yes" button, loop infinitely. I do not suggest anyone runs this since vac bans are notoriously impossible to get repealed and frankly you deserve any bans you get for running such a 3rd party script. Similar scripts are available for invoker and valve should come down hard on it.

Still, lol avoids the queue decline problem entirely by considering a player "all in" as soon as he enters the queue. In lol there is no accept/decline popup, the only way to leave the queue is to forcibly exit lol which will result in an abandon.

Basic Member
    hm if you ask me, just wait and watch.

atm the decline of a match seems like no rly issue to me, it happens rly rare. (in my queue)
    and if this bots rly exist and this will become a real issue, valve could add without trouble as mentioned before, some rules/restriction so the bots can gfto

Basic Member
    Priority in matchmaking isn't a Binary thing. (Low vs High)
    Priority means a list, VALVE should implement this if it's not like this already.
    People based on how fast their responses are to games offered should be ordered in a priority list.
    Fear not, it would be weighed, and adjusted properly. You would not get penalized for not pushing accept immediately.
    But for those who didn't press accept but kept searching, same for decliners, they would slowly sink in priority, until they were actually that low as low priority.

The priority would change dependant on your responsiveness to the offered matches, with some proper buffering, so your past actions would have some effect in the present, making it even more worth to accept matches if you search.

If all parameters (vitrual priority handling based on responsiveness, buffering time / delay based on your responsiveness, etc) were set properly this is the system to go with!